The Art of ACM

With Red Flag Alaska commencing in the coming days, there’s a building need to practice the unique martial art of Aerial Combat Maneuvering (ACM), or in a simpler term: dogfighting. Knowledge of tactics will be key to racking up points in this massive war game. But the shots you can get in the heat of the moment can be quite cool.

Close encounters often lead to overshoots. It’s important to keep your distance if you want a good firing solution.

A “Because I was inverted” moment

This is how a guns kill is made. Nose ahead of the opponent.

Best. Moonshot. Ever.

I’d like to hear from you on this one. You’re one of these two fighters about to overshoot at slow speed. What do you do?

Thanks for stopping by!

@ifaviationexperts on Instagram

42 Likes

Wow very nice!!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Wow wow wow! All these pictures are absolutely amazing. The second photo looks Infinite Flight Instagram repost worthy in my opinion. 😁

2 Likes

Is this even IF? 😀

2 Likes

Could have said it myself. You may be right 🤔

2 Likes

Indeed it is 😉

2 Likes

Roll until I’m inverted, and the continue rolling left/right towards the other fighter to stay on their tail. I would lose speed that way and keep my distance.

Edit: just remembered the phrase “barrel roll” lol

1 Like

Wow! Those are some of the coolest pics I’ve seen Nate! Keep it up!

1 Like

I think you’ll see more of this after certain Red Flag Events 👍🏻

Man, it looks so good on my iPad now.

6 Likes

That is 100% Tom Cruise in the 21st Century!

1 Like

I would imagine I would see similar shots in the sequel considering the director had said it would be “mind blowing” 😮

1 Like

Photos = Great! 😃👍🏻😄😎

1 Like

Some crazy photos for sure! Great job with the choreography to get these screenshots too

1 Like

Flick my rudder and throw myself into a flat spin with the vectored thrust, how could they possibly get me now? 🤔

Seeing as the IF Raptor is very difficult when it comes to flat spins… Your opponent may not get you but the ground will maybe 😂

1 Like

That last shot of yours is a beauty dude. You got a good eye for positioning aircraft in your shots well Nate. Looking forward to more 👍

2 Likes

Stunning shots Nate! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Good idea for a start. The cross section of a barrel roll’s a sine wave. And in that, you have decreased average horizontal speed. Not to mention, it’s a good braking tool when pulled hard.

1 Like