The annoyance of Go-Arounds after a long flight!

I was on final approach, after being number 4 cleared to land. As I get ready for the immediate landing, I overhear ATC telling an aircraft to “expedite” after they were cleared for immediate take-off but were not taking off and just holding on the runway. I zoom into to see the aircraft still just sitting there on the runway. ATC was very busy, so I obviously announced a go-around and had to then contact Approach and be sent right to the back of the line of five aircraft! Brilliant lol!

This was not the fault of ATC but an incompetent pilot on Expert sadly!

Anyway, I guess it’s good experience.

Thanks to @GHamsz and IFATC Frakeny

Have you guys had a similar experience on expert?

19 Likes

Go arounds are fun :) But yes, annoying when you want to land, and there’s lots of traffic…

18 Likes

buddy extra xps …its good

12 Likes

More time to gain more XP and grab another 🍺 Right @dush19 ?

16 Likes

Good job!i don’t like to give go around instruction but sometimes is essential,and manytime the pilots don’t follow this comand,so bravo and good job!
[is not easy to manage a suoer busy airspace in IF]

6 Likes

Not when your a grade 4 pilot and you look like an idiot because the ATC issues a go around a second before touch down and you tail scrape the plane and a gust of wind whiles you off the runway…

4 Likes

Go arounds are fun but they can get hectic because of the business around that airport

3 Likes

Never been given a go-around instruction that late. If there’s traffic on the runway I’d get ready to go-around further ahead than touchdown lol!

7 Likes

I personally enjoy them. But maybe that’s because as a rule I don’t fly every long flights.

5 Likes

Never saw them low visibility. The flight ended up being a 38 min flight…

3 Likes

Yeah, I mean it was planned to be less than 30 minutes, however because of traffic and having to go-around the whole flight was 1hr 10 minutes!

2 Likes

I already give one now in KPSP,but was a pilot fault,He could not maintain the correct separation with the aircraft preceding it to him

5 Likes

At that point I would have diverted to another airport and landed. lol I don’t have pateinceca lot of the times ;)

3 Likes

I’d divert as well if I needed to get down. I personally like an occasional go around or runway change as it draws from the monotony. Occasional.

3 Likes

@anon66442947 loves go arounds. That way he gets more ops

8 Likes

Go arounds are fun. Blasting the engines to 90% N1 a few hundred feet from the ground is just amazing!

3 Likes

Welcome to flying where you have to expect the unexpcected

3 Likes

I have no problem with go arounds unless I’m landing to tend to something. Then it can be a bummer, but I’ll bite the bullet and end flight if I’m in that much of a hurry. No problem, there’s always more landings to be had :-)

2 Likes

I remember that… I think… 😂 There just happened to be a spot for you! It’s nice when it falls into place like that!

2 Likes

I remember I was doing a flight from KJFK to KSWF which is about 55nm (15-20 mins max) and I ended up having to complete 4 go arounds because of aircraft on the runway with a long winded approach for each attempt. Overall it took 1 hour 32 minutes. My 737 would’ve long been out of fuel if fuel burn existed then. 😂😆

3 Likes