The AN-124 Departure @ KLAS

Spotting time, I’ve recently had troubles with my PC until today with transferring photos. I’ve caught plenty of arrivals in the past weeks such as a NATO A330-200 (KC30M) and multiple special liveries. Yesterday was much different, I had the ability to spot a ton of golden hour departures, and the legendary AN-124 visit.

This AN-124 originally flew into Creech AFB up north of Las Vegas but unexpectedly flew to McCarran at around 1800. It had a scheduled departure for 1900.

In a brand new spot i’ve never tried before, it’s iconically known as the “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign but I call it a tourist trap. I found a parking spot and started capturing some departures. First was this 737-8 Max.

An extravagant Maverick helicopters take a bank over the Las Vegas Strip. 🚁

Golden Knights at Golden Hour! ☀️

A couple of 767F’s on the climb! 📦

One of my all-time favorite catches taxiies 40 minutes delayed, hence the bad lighting. It provided with some epic orange clouds!

Liftoff as it heads to Tampa, FL!

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

41 Likes

oMg FiRsT

Nice shots! That sunset too 😍

1 Like

that an-124 look hot

1 Like

All photos do be hot

1 Like

Great shots! Loved the first Allegiant shot in particular with the Golden Knights livery.

1 Like

That heli is so good 🤩

1 Like

I wish I could have seen that Antonov, But atleast you were able to get some amazing shots of it.🤩

2 Likes

Yessir, hoping the Knights win the playoffs!

1 Like

Wow great shots, so jealous you were able to catch the AN-124! I’ll have to try this spot next time. I keep wondering when they’re going to open the original spotting location on Sunset again.

2 Likes

c h o n c c

2 Likes

That parking lot’s been closed since April of 2020 to “save recourses.” I honestly don’t see it opening until atleast the end of 2021. 😔

Ew golden knights

1 Like

Look whose down 2-3 in the series after losing 3 games in a row.

I don’t know what you’re talking abt

1 Like

Wow nice shots -im in love with the helicopter one!!

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

Avalanche about to choke the lead 💀

Awesome photos Kam!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.