The Altai Tavan Bogd National Park in 10 replay screenshots

。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・

ALTAI TAVAN BOGD NATIONAL PARK, MONGOLIA

Welcome to Western Mongolia. Bordering China, Kazakhstan and Russia at its peak, the length of the national park itself stretches down the border China and is home to the Tavan Bogd mountains, many lakes, a vast array of wildlife including ibex, deer, stone martens, eagles and snowcocks and just over 6,000 square kilometres of excellent scenery, rocky areas, caves and plains to explore as well.

We could have loaded up the backpacks and taken a bus for hours to the park before spending days trekking around the area, but I thought it would be easier to fire up a couple of aircraft engines instead and hit the heights.

Departing nearby Ölgii Airport (ZMUL) in the Boeing 737-BBJ black and purple livery to have a look around and see what the park and surrounding area looks like from a height of 33,000 feet on casual server, no flight path was set as such but instead some exploration, flying the length, widths, different sections and navigating the borders as well before returning to the airport.

This area is only a tiny part of Mongolia and it would be nice to have a wider look at the country in the future.

Good times.

。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆ 。・: :・゚★,。・: :・゚☆。・: :・゚★,。・: :・

22 Likes

Very interesting to see Mongolia. Nice Pictures!

1 Like

beautiful pictures! Shows a part of the world which isn’t noticed much in an amazing way - Good job :)

2 Likes

You see the episode of the Grand Tour where they go through Mongolia. It’s stunning. IF doesn’t do it justice at all, but great pics all the same

2 Likes

Thanks - yeah I did see it - there’s a lot of green as well and a huge amount to see, which is an excuse to do a bit more flying and explore more ✈️

1 Like

Wow! One of those areas you rarely ever notice/see pictures of, but a stunning area for sure!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Woah! Those are quite the photos you have there

1 Like

Wow, stunning.

Yeah, that was fun… there was also the dune buggy’s episode down in Botswana

1 Like

Very unique place! 😎

1 Like

And poof, you’re on Instagram

4 Likes

So it seems, thanks for publishing I.F! :-)

1 Like