The Aircraft Experiment (A discord bot for IF and airtable)

Hello everyone,
I have a made a discord bot for IF and airtable. It can:

• See fellow pilots from your VA currently flying in the expert server
  • Get ATIS and active frequencies across the expert server
  • Automatically fetch the checklists of the particular aircraft that you are flying
  • fetch stats of users from IF
  • Fetch aircraft performance specifications (IF Specific)
  • link and learn documents as study materials and infographs for the pilots in your VA.

You will also be able to view the statistics of pilots and also the career mode intricacies if you have one and you are using airtable. We’ll need 15 mins to set it up of course, but you would have some fun after that.

Visit here for the docs and installation links.

There will be a few glitches in the beginning, as you may consider this the beta version. Will fine tune it as time passes for a butter experience. Have fun!!

Thanks to @AF-KLM_VA and @AirIndiaVirtual2 for being early testers, and @Cameron for helping with the live API.

58 Likes

It’s a great bot ,very accurate and swift results. Great job bhaina @sanketpandia ! πŸ’―πŸŽ‰

3 Likes

Screenshots of some commands in action:
Screenshot from 2021-02-02 22-37-05

8 Likes

Thanks bhaina!!

5 Likes

Its a lovely bot @sanketpandia . I recommend all VA to try it out.

1 Like

People might find it hard to believe, but I promise I didn’t pay Rohan and RadarVectors to say that. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4 Likes

Amazing Bot! Thanks @sanketpandia & @anon2790671, we have added into our Discord Channel.

2 Likes

If you need help, i can make it so that the bot is always running and it needs an invite link rather than you having to run it on your own pc if you wanna use it.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the help. The bot is running 24x7 and deployed in a cloud server. And you can find the invite link in the page linked above in the main thread. Thank you😊 @1MASYBTGS

4 Likes

We already have that, but only allowed to Russian users πŸ™ƒπŸ’«
Anyway, good work!

2 Likes

Ahh great to hear that. Have fun with it boss!! 😊

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! Good job with this!

2 Likes

Nice job! It works really well, but the one I’ll improve would the command texts - the prefix and body should be simpler. But great work overall!

1 Like

Hey Marcel! Suggestions and criticisms are welcome. Can you suggest some commands? I’ll update them accordingly if it seems appropriate.

3 Likes

For example: I thought of a FL or FLY prefix, and the rest is good, only without the underlines (_).

2 Likes

Noted. Will switch it in the next updates.

3 Likes

@QantasVirtualGroup

3 Likes

Very well done! Saw it on GitHub this morning and was impressed.

4 Likes

Thanks. Appreciation from you means a lot. 😊😊

4 Likes

Have added to my server! Brilliant bot!

2 Likes