The Airbus a340

Hello,

I was just thinking about the a340. I have been on one recently and thought about how quiet and comfortable it was.
I know that it has been taken out of production. What do you think of the aircraft? Do you think that it should have been taken out of production?

Thank you for reading!

Concorde

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed that on the one I went on!

Personally it should not have been taken out of production given the scarcity of quad jets in the air and the number of quads that will be in the air in 10-15 more years.

But that said I don’t want to see airlines go under because they operate that aircraft.

Love the A340 aesthetically too…

Tonight I hope to finally see my first Iberia A340-600, absolutely LOVE the plane with that livery.

The A340 is not such a bad plane. It was a victim of the B777, a large powerful TWIN(!) and extremly capable plane. The fail of the A340 was simply because it was entering service at the wrong time

even tho the A340 has a bad fuel efficiency, it still is a pretty damn good plane! I love it!

I agree with you!

I’d like to clear up some misconceptions here: The A340 does not have bad fuel efficiency on the surface-Compared to it’s competitiors it is inefficent

well everything is relative.

Was it nicer than a 777 though?

I dont think the A340 would feel as powerful as a 777.

Correct, the A340 is/was Boeing’s competition for the 777

Yes it was.

Pros:
Range
Capacity
Cons:
Uses a SUPER LARGE AMNOUNT of fuel

1 Like

I meant in the sense that it uses an unreasonable large amount of fuel.

Um… It’s not ETOPS rated because it doesn’t have two engine, it has four.

ETOPS exists for the safe operation of twin engine aircraft over bodies of water, not four engine.