The Adventure to Airventure

EAA AirVenture - Oshkosh 2022

Around this time last year, I had made this topic, highlighting my time spent at Airventure 2021. This year, I took over 3 times the amount of photos, and therefore have a TON more photos to upload here. AirVenture was a total blast, and I really hope I can attend again. Finally getting to meat the staff, trying out new headphones, and spotting planes… and I wouldn’t change a thing.

This topic is mostly going to be focused around my flight to AirVenture on a United Express E170, and I’ll upload more from the trip once I get it all unpacked.

I’ll save the staff from the pings (the rest of you aren’t so lucky), but it was also really amazing to finally meet some community members, including @Shane, @NJ24, @Balloonchaser, @Ty_Davis, @Drxw, @ToasterStroodie, and last (and certainly least), @Aviation108.

On to the photos!

Arriving at Newark ahead of our flight to Milwaukee.

If you’re from Newark… you get to see a lot of these. A lot.

And these.

Fast forward to out departure (no, we were not delayed).

The most divine sunset I’ve ever seen… wow.

And just like that, we were absorbed by the darkness.

Nice.

Finally, relaxing before the Twilight Flight Fest and STOL competition.

Once again, I had a total blast getting to meet everyone, and if you CAN attend AirVenture, do it. You won’t regret it.

Thanks for reading!

Oh, one more thing - I left my 75-300mm lens at home, so I was using a close-range lens… hopefully that explains the quality.

31 Likes

aw, is someone still mad about Lukla

see you some other time, sir 🫡

1 Like

I love this thank you for not forgetting me.

1 Like