Welcome to the Airbus A350-900 cockpit tutorial! The long awaited A359 is now here with one of the most detailed cockpits in the simulator. You will notice some instruments aren’t quite operating yet so we will only go over the current operating ones in this tutorial. If the cockpit gets updated with new instruments in a future update, this tutorial will also be updated to reflect the changes. Now onto the tutorial!
|A||Onboard Information System (OIS)||Displays essential information such as airport charts and performance details. This is currently not modeled in Infinite Flight.|
|B||Primary Flight and Navigation Display*||Contains the primary instruments to successfully operate the aircraft and navigation map.|
|C||Engine/System Display*||Displays engine and system status.|
|D||Integrated Standby Instrument System (ISIS)*||Provides a backup navigation system if other systems fail.|
|E||Multi-Function Display (MFD)*||Displays filed flight plan with waypoint details.|
|F||Throttle Control Levers||Gives power to engines.|
|G||Radio Management Panel (RMP)*||Displays your current tuned ATC frequency.|
|H||Flaps Control Lever||Displays current flap position and changes flap angle.|
|I||Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS)||This panel allows you to select different displays on the PFD and MFD.|
|J||Auto Flight System Control Panel (AFS)*||Control panel for autopilot systems.|
How can I tune into an ILS approach?
This process was slightly changed in version 19.4. You now don’t have to be in the HUD view to select the ILS approach. Follow the steps below to tune into an ILS approach:
- Spawn in
- Navigate to the map and find the airport you are arriving to
- Select the airport and go to “RUNWAYS” tab
- Select the runway you will land on and press either “SET NAV1” or “SET NAV2”
- Navigate to the NAV menu and change the SOURCE to which ever NAV you set the ILS runway on.
- You are now successfully tuned into the ILS. The CRS NAV 1 is auto filled in with the runway heading and you will find that the glideslope and localizer is setup in the HUD and the cockpit
Why are the aircraft lights not turning on?
Are you trying to turn on the aircraft lights and they aren’t coming on? Most likely, the issue here is that you don’t have the Master Battery on. To turn on the Master Battery, follow the steps below:
- Spawn in A350-900
- Navigate to SYSTEMS > ELECTRICAL
- Click, “MASTER BATT” so it is turned on (outlined in orange)
- Now there is power to your aircraft and you can turn on the lights
Why is my aircraft not following my flight plan when I click NAV?
This is most likely occurring because your autopilot source is not set to GPS. Follow the steps below to set your autopilot source to GPS:
- Spawn In
- Navigate to NAV menu which is under SYSTEMS
- Press and Hold on SOURCE and change it to GPS
Your aircraft should now follow your flight plan.
What is the line shown ahead of my aircraft on the map?
This is a brand new feature introduced in v19.4 called the Altitude Arc. Take a look at the tutorial below for more information on how it’s used and what it means.
How do I use the NAV Menu Panel?
This is also a brand new feature introduced in v19.4. Take a look at the tutorial below for more information on how it’s used and what each setting means.
Why are there screens with no instruments on them?
Currently, there are some screens that are not modeled yet in the A359. Even though they are not modeled now, this does not mean they won’t be in the future. Take a look below at a comment made by Cameron about the screens that are not modeled yet.