The 747 really isn’t the goat

I’m part of an extremely small minority of av geeks who has felt this way and for a along time I’ve just kept my feeling to my self because I was afraid of being ridiculed and made fun of. I’m standing before the world today to say “I’ve never thought the 747 was a beautiful plane” and I have always thought of it as quite an ugly plane and Even though I acknowledge the 747’s significance and importance to aviation as a whole, I just can’t say I see it as the queen of the skies. Tbh I would say the 777 is the real goat .finally, If there are any other closet 747 haters out there I encourage you to join me and make your voices heard, we will longer be oppressed and made to feel shame about the way we feel.

24 Likes

Okay thats cool. You should not let that bother you, who cares what these people think lol. These are all opinions they mean nothing. Don’t stoop down to the haters level :)

Who ever said “the 747 is the goat” like … no hate but not sure why people care about others opinions about what airplane is “the goat” pretty ridiculous to say the least.

3 Likes

There should be no shame to feel closeted about the 747. We respect everyone’s opinions on the IFC.

2 Likes

Nah its pretty beautiful. But fr, who cares about what others think. Your opinion is your opinion :)

Credit- Airline Geeks

7 Likes

We all have our opinions and part of being a mature person is the ability to respect others views regardless on whether it’s agreeable or not. Never ever feel afraid of expressing yourself 😉

1 Like

Then that, “it’s beatiful” is something subjective. A think is not created beautiful or ugly. :)

1 Like

Whether the 747 family is beautiful or not is someone’s opinion. I know lots of people who love the way it looks (including me) and a lot of people who don’t. And that’s ok, everyone sees things and feels things differently. Just one question @baselagab, are you referring to the 747 in IF, or the 747 irl or both?

2 Likes

Every opinion should be valid, and being honest, people who are actively going out to stop you from believing what you believe in the aviation community aren’t true fans. I myself would say that the 747 is a fantastic plane, but not necessarily the best of all time. That said, I absolutely would not go out of my way to bash people with opinions differing from mine, and I can say with absolute certainty that nobody should be shamed for feeling a certain way.

2 Likes

Well, I personally think it as one of the most beautiful planes ever made (if not the most beautiful), however everyone has their own opinion. For me the 747 is, and will always be the one and only “Queen of the Skies”. The same way you don’t like the 747, and once again, I respect that, I don’t like the whale A380, nor does @ClassicAirlinerLover like the A220.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your opinion, no hate at all! We’ve all got our opinions about which aircraft x is better than another aircraft y.

12 Likes

I don‘t like the 747 either.

@baselagab
I know it’s so beautiful right 😍

Photo Creds

1 Like

Reasons to rework the 747 sooner than ever

3 Likes

My reaction to this post

18 Likes

I’m the other one 😜

So which plane currently in IF you like the most and is beautiful, @baselagab?

Edit: yes, also in real life. Thanks @AvioesEJogos

1 Like

Well, but it could also be irl too

1 Like

This thing should never happen, express your feelings, be strong and just ignore stupid people that make fun of you without arguments, only because you don’t like a plane.

3 Likes

Same here! I have an even more unpopular opinion: The A380 is more beautiful than the B747, and Is one of the cutest out there.

3 Likes

For me it’s just an ugly whale lol

1 Like