That didn't go as planned... | Munich, December 18, 2019

Hi again!

of course it comes as a shock for most of you, but I’ve been spotting once again this week (well, actually that’s not completely accurate but more on that later). With two specials, the A340-500 of the Royal Thai Air Force and a Canadian Airforce P3 Orion announced I decided to skip my data bases lecture and go to the airport. Spoiler: I got neither of the two since I had to leave for other appointments rather early. I nevertheless got a few pics I thought you might like.

On Wednesday, quite a few bizjets operated at Munich, such as this Vistajet Challenger.

A bit bigger and also brand new (delivered a few weeks ago, so not as brand new as it’s IF double): Singapore‘s A350-900

While a good share of the fleet has already been repainted, Munich (due to the configuration of these planes) still gets Etihad‘s 777s in old colors. If you want to see a new livery here, you have to wait for one of the 787s that are also regularly visiting us.

Speaking of new colors - since Thomas Cook went bust, Condor is now operating on its own and the rights on the brand of former Thomas Cook went to Chinese Fosun Group which makes it necessary to rebrand the entire Condor fleet (this will be done by March 2020). D-ABUE arrived from the Caribbean being one of the first 10 planes to receive the adjusted scheme with Thomas Cook titles covered and the sunny heart replaced by the iconic condor.

Another bankrupt airline still makes some undercover appearances in European skies thanks to Eurowings. I guess all of you recognize what airline this plane belonged to before it was taken over by Eurowings.

While we are in the topic of bankruptcies, why not have a look at this A319 operating for the most famous zombie in the skies: Even though being on the edge of bankruptcies for quite a few times, Alitalia is still alive.

Another A319 but this time with more money - Who would say no to this kind of travel? Personally, I think this would be kind of the smallest bizjet I would buy since fitting in smaller ones doesn’t seem feasible at 1.95m.

You know, fitting in something like this 👀 not a Good idea if one is too tall for a CRJ haha

From new liveries now back to something older - TUNISAIR‘s 737-600 arriving from Djerba

Before I left something big and smokey appeared at the horizon: Just a tiny Sikorsky CH-53 crossing the airport

Hope you liked these pics! Also, stay tuned for more (and more special) plane pics very soon since Wednesday wasn’t my only spotting trip this week.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mba_muc

My spotting topics on the IFC

Spring Spotting 1
Spring Spotting 2 with Lorenzo
Spring Spotting 3 (feat. Hekla Aurora)
August spotting with some sunrise shots
September 30 with quite some special liveries and bizjets
Spotting in Zurich on the way to Cosford
Spotting Laura and more in Birmingham
Spotting in fog with a sunny end
Special planes at Munich - Munich Security Conference feat. E-4B
Valentine’s Spotting 2019 - Civil Traffic around the Munich Security Conference
Retro Time - British Airways BEA A319
First weekend in Innsbruck - Charter Flights in the Alps
Second Innsbruck Spotting Weekend
Bringing Israeli soldiers to Munich - El Al 747
Another visit of ElAl’s queen - El Al 747
Spotting in the Morning Sun - South African Special Livery A340-300
A full day of Spotting
London Calling - Spotting at MUC and LCY on the way to London
London Heathrow Evening Spotting Before the Meetup
London Heathrow Meetup Spotting
Last Day at Heathrow: Landor, Negus and more
Government Jets and New Perspectives at Munich Airport
One Day Spotting Trip to Frankfurt Airport
Spotting Trip to Berlin
A lot of Specials at Munich
Quick after work spotting for a private A340
Another Sunny Spotting Day in Fall
Spotting with a Female closer than 5 miles, so definitely click even though she’s in none of the Pics!!!
Day and Night Shots at Munich
Deicing and more

TL;DR service for @dush19: Actually, I can’t be bothered to continue this any longer but: Planes, Planes, Planes.
@MrMrMan: Catch up, there are six topic to quote now!

49 Likes
Several Days of Fall Spotting in Munich | October 2020, Munich
Racing for the specials | Munich, December 19, 2019
A Spotting Week in Times of COVID-19 | Munich, June 1 & 3, 2020
Hunting an Icon and Tons of Private Jets | Zurich, January 21, 2020
There's also normal traffic at Zurich?! | Zurich, January 21, 2020
Air Force One Ramp Tour | Zurich, January 21, 2020
Getting trolled at the Airport | Munich, January 14, 2020
This is getting out of hand | Munich, January 9, 2020
End of the first spotting decade (I promise!) | December 29, 2019
Heavy Contrasts | Munich, January 31, 2020
Military Special Movements in Fall Light | Ingolstadt, November 18, 2020
As nerdy as it can get | January 6, 2020
A New Perspective | Munich, March 5, 2020
A Bumpy Start into a Great Weekend | Munich, February 13/14, 2020
The Highlights of Saturday at Munich Security Conference | Munich, February 15, 2020
A little bonus: Etihad 787-9 "Choose China" | Munich, February 28, 2020
End of the Security Conference Spotting Weekend | Munich, February 16, 2020
A Final Spotting Trip | Munich, March 19, 2020
Spotting A Bunch of New Airlines | Frankfurt, June 12, 2020
Sunset Spotting for a First Visit | Munich, May 27, 2020
Back at the Airport | Munich, May 03/06, 2020
A Noisy Prop from the East | Leipzig, May 16th, 2020
A little more spotting | Munich (not the airport though), May 9, 2020
Farewell, Pretty Bird | Munich, May 19, 2020
Early Morning Cargo Movements | Munich, June 24th, 2020
Two Weeks of Summer Spotting | Munich, August 9 - 20, 2020
Watching White Whales | Ingolstadt/Neuburg, July 23, 2020
Being Grilled While Spotting a Special Freighter | Munich, August 8, 2020
More Special Than Regular Movements | Munich, July 3, 2020
A New Spotting Experience With Several Specials | Ingolstadt & Neuburg, July 06 & 07, 2020
A Few More Days of Specials After My Holidays | Munich, September 16-18, 2020
Two Days of Munich Specials and a Little Throwback | Munich, August 28/29, 2020
Summer Spotting Ending With Amazing Evening Light | Munich, July 29, 2020
Returning to the South and the Visit of an Old Lady | Munich, July 17, 2020

Well done. They are really really good pictures. 6 & 10 to be precise.

This didn’t go as planned but… have a doughnut 🍩 Moritz

2 Likes

Amazing pics, such a shame you didn’t catch the two specials. Side note, Dush doesn’t seem to visit here anymore?

1 Like

Really nice photos came out of your spotting sessions - wel done!

I went planespotting myself yesterday and got invited to the flight deck of a Cathay Pacific A350-900 but lost all the photos on my SS card 😭

I think it will be possible to retrieve but I currently don’t have access to any laptop!

1 Like

“Tiny” that’s a beast

2 Likes

We’re really good at posting spotting topics at around the same time haha. Great shots!

1 Like

Thanks! Maybe keep the doughnut for the time being since the day after turned out quite well as a „compensation“

Well, it’s not that bad in the end. I already got the Thai 340 (find it here) and I would have taken the P3 as a bonus since military isn’t really of that much interest for me tbh. When it comes to Dush, I obviously know that but I just keep it as a running gag 🤷🏼‍♂️ In case he returns he’ll have quite some notifications to handle haha

Thank you :) that story sounds quite painful though 😬[quote=“RotorGuy, post:5, topic:388569”]
“Tiny” that’s a beast
[/quote]

That’s probably how we reacted to the big fat dark thing approaching in the distance haha I actually stood right next to one of the German CH 53s last week so I know how huge they are 😱

Got any plans for posting tomorrow yet? :P that 2019 review post sounds interesting to copy I guess 😬😏

5 Likes

Nah I’m flying to Munich tonight 😱

2 Likes

Wait, irl or in IF 😱

3 Likes

I love these, I like the change from the wide-bodies to these smaller planes, they’re just as great!

By the way, I didn’t know Alitalia got a new livery, it’s amazing!

IRL just boarded AC846

1 Like

These are amazing!! What camera do you use?

1 Like

Once again more beauty to my eyes!! 😍

1 Like

I‘m using a Canon EOS 80D :)

1 Like

Wow 😳 is Munich your final destination or are you connecting here? 👀

2 Likes

Lol I wish we still operated them, some one in California about 10 years ago now bought a few surplus CH-53s from the Marines they were going try use them for aerial fire fighting but just due to how big they are they can’t do it effectively

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t call the German CH ops efficient anyway, apparently they do 8 months of maintenance after every 200 operating hours

1 Like

Sounds about right lol

1 Like

I’m at Olympic Park now connecting onto SIN tonight

1 Like

Oh, flying the LH 350 instead of the better SQ product? 😬