"Thank you" Command

I have a quick question for any IFATC reading this.

When you give a pilot an instruction that benefits the pilot, such as taxi to a close runway, fit them inside a tight pattern to land quicker etc, do you appreciate it when the pilot says the “Thank you” command, or do you get annoyed as it clogs up the frequency? Or does it really just depend on the amount of traffic?

15 Likes

I always love to receive a “thank you” from a pilot. It makes me happy! Whatever, use your common sense to identify if the frequency is busy or not and take the appropriate decision. :)

25 Likes

I appreciate a simple ‘thank you’, even when I’m handling a real busy tower. Especially when said pilot is a cooperative one.

26 Likes

This one. ☝️️

3 Likes

Thank You

For making this thread

10 Likes

Thank You and everyone else for replying! In the past, I have been hesitatant to say “Thank you” even on non busy frequencies. Not because I don’t appreciate it I definitely do! but simply because I didn’t know the answer to this simple question in the past. I will definitely be using the command more. :)

9 Likes

It isn’t a request … and it’s already in the game. :)

2 Likes

I always say Thank You if a controller does something nice unless their name is IFATC Bavaria (don’t tell them).

8 Likes

Ooooo… I am so embarrassed! :/

2 Likes

You think I’m blind?

In another (totally separate of course) development we have a staff vacancy for TravelSky…

3 Likes

You wouldn’t do that, would you? 😕

2 Likes

@Carson, is that suspension worthy? He made me a punching bag.

Yes, and now back on topic :)

5 Likes

I appreciate a “thank you, good day,” at the end of someone’s flight, but otherwise it just causes unnecessary chatter, especially at bravos.

3 Likes

Off topic, please get back on topic.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You tell 'em Zbelle!

2 Likes

After I take off and Tower hands me off to another frequency, or after I land and ground tells me to taxi to parking, I always say “Thank you, good day”, knowing that I won’t hear from them for the rest of the day. :)

2 Likes

I love saying thank you to controllers, while a tower might be busy I don’t see how courtesy is a bad thing.I love it when there are exchanges between Tower and Pilots.

1 Like

Hi,I honestly always like when someone said “thank tou”,always look to give back “thank you” or “you welcome”,but sometimes when I’m busy I can’t,I only want to focus to the next!

2 Likes

I can’t remember a time when I haven’t said thank you to a controller. I say it numerous times as well. But to be honest I love it more when the controller acknowledges you.

When I was controlling I had no issue what so ever about people saying thank you, it actually showed that people appreciated services.

This being said I’ve also never had issues about clogged frequencys, considering they don’t appear as an alert on ATCs bar.

1 Like

For me no flight is properly completed with out sending a , "Thank you , good day " command to my ATC controller :)

1 Like