Thai boeing 747 to heathrow!

I took the Boeing 747-400 of Thai airways for a spin from Bangkok to London Heathrow. We departed out of a very busy Bangkok Suvarnabhumi airport and landed at Heathrow where it wasn’t that busy. The flight took around twelve hours long and our cruise speed was mach 0.85. I’ve used the step climb method as we started at fl320 and ended up at fl380. We experienced some amazing scenery during this flight.

Information about this flight;

• Server: expert server
• Aircraft: Boeing 747-400
• Livery: THAI airways
• Route: VTBS-EGLL
• Callsign: Thai 747 Heavy
• Altitude: fl320 - fl340 - fl360 - fl380
• Speed: mach 0.85
• Flight time: 12 hours and 14 minutes

Parked between two triple sevens, the Swiss 777 was going to Zurich and the Singapore arrived from its Homebase Singapore.

Takeoff!

Leaving Bangkok behind.

Reached cruise altitude.

The coast of India.

Mountains in the background.

Above Afghanistan. (I did this flight when Thai airways still flew above Afghanistan)

Cruising above Berlin.

Landed at Heathrow.

Arrived.

Tomorrow I’ll post a topic about a flight from Abu Dhabi to Manchester in the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner of Etihad!

What do you think about these pictures?

31 Likes

Those photos are looking great! What’s even more impressive is that your landing looked smooth from the picture. Still gotta figure out that aircraft. Last time I flew it, taking off was interesting

7 Likes

Thank you, appreciate it!

Nice photos dude. You should consider becoming a photographer as a side job or taking up photographing as a hobby. Even I can’t take such photos man. You’re so pro!!!👍👍👍

4 Likes

Thank you very much! Appreciate it. I’m already doing that irl haha.

1 Like

I always find that I have to have more speed than what I think I need. I’m not sure if that’s an actual or just a IF issue, but otherwise, you have to rotate a TON to get her in the air. :)

2 Likes

Great shots! She is so pretty. <3 <3

1 Like

The landing was pretty smooth haha and I use flaps 20 for takeoff, I think that is better otherwise I have to be very fast to prevent a tail strike.

Thank you!

1 Like

Try flaps 20 for takeoff and use a high positive trim.

1 Like

Taking off is difficult

I dont understand because I just can never do it

The big girl is a smoothie, once you master her abilities! The big Lux last night at KDFW 36R.

2 Likes

I think you have the perfect sequence of photos for telling the story of the wonder of international air travel. It really pulls me into the majesty of the 747-400. And oh, the Thai livery! I can’t decide on a favourite photo (I tried!). It also carries an extra layer of meaning for me cause my dad was from the UK and had retired to Bangkok. Thanks!

1 Like