Hello sorry I don’t know where to ask this
Is there possible to request a TFR?
For my home airport?
The runway 17/35 is closed for years
I would like people in IF know that
Is Lisbon airport LPPT

2 Likes

Hey mate,

Since there are thousands of TFRs around the world that have aircraft restrictions, runway closures, etc… I think that airports with specific layout & procedures will have the NOTAM in IF. Hope this helps a bit :)

Anyways, noted it for the next time I control it on ES ;)

1 Like

So I have to request a NOTAM?

Since the runway 17/35 are close for years at my home airport in IF people don’t know that

When controlling, IFATC try to utilize all runways. If you’d take a look at the existing TFRs, you’ll notice that they are only placed either if there is a need for size restrictions, like at London City or Lukla, or if there are airport-specific quirks, like the TFR at London Gatwick about the fact that one runway can be used as a taxiway. Even if we just forget about the colossal amount of research needed to be done just to keep track of openings/closures of runways, TFRs in IF are for concrete rules/advisories, not for temporary changes in traffic that only take effect in the real world. Rest assured, if they’ll try to do something more serious, say permanently transforming it into a taxiway, IFAET would work that into one of the airport updates, but right now it doesn’t seem like it would serve as a benefit to the controllers

2 Likes

It has already been discussed here several times about runway 17/35 and nothing has been done, I do not understand why, it is officially the taxiway T (Tango).

1 Like

Well, I just came here to ask. Since we intend to simulate as realistic as possible. At least inform all IFATCs if they will one day go against lisbon knowing that the track is not

It’s no available

You are absolutely correct
That’s why I was trying to get someone to know this. At least for controllers to know

Here my colleague clarified better that the 17/35 is being used as a taxi

1 Like

The last time Lisbon was part of the ATC Schedule i immediately thought of runway 17/35 (it no longer exists), Lisbon airport is not realistic because everyone uses the closed runway and ATC says to go to 17/35

2 Likes

That’s why I am requesting TFR for Lisbon

I’ve seen lots of news articles about the intents and possibilities of it’s closure, but not much official documents. Closest I’ve got to today is this chart, presumably from May 2019, and it doesn’t seem that the runway is closed there.

1 Like

It was closed in August / September 2019

1 Like

The Ministry of Infrastructure and Housing (MIH) on Friday authorized the definitive closure of the secondary runway of Humberto Delgado Airport - runway 17/35 - in Lisbon to move “successfully”

closure of the secondary runway “is essential to successfully advance in the works”, since this space will be used “for the construction of more parking for airplanes and more space for the circulation of them”, as well as the construction of a new control tower and “infrastructure that will improve the service provided to passengers”.

These are the words of the government in 2019 and has already been officially closed

Can you send a link to the source of these words? Can’t find anything from 2019 by just searching parts of this post in google

1 Like

There it is https://www.google.com/amp/s/observador.pt/2019/05/03/governo-autoriza-encerramento-definitivo-de-pista-secundaria-do-aeroporto-de-lisboa/amp/
Just use the translation because it is in Portuguese 😅

1 Like

Hey @flybarroso can you come here to please
@LKA