Textron Aviation - T-6 Texan II, AT-6B Wolverine, CT-156 Harvard II

(With the likes of the Socata TBM-930 in game that shares the same engine, I believe the IFC could benefit from a turbo prop training aircraft so therefore I’ve made this feature.)

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II
is a single-engine turboprop aircraft first produced in 2000 by the Raytheon Aircraft Company (which became Hawker Beechcraft) and later Beechcraft Defense Company and was bought by Textron Aviation in 2014.

A trainer aircraft based on the Pilatus PC-9, the T-6 replaced the ageing USAF’s fleet of Cessna T-37B Tweet and the USN T-34C Turbo Mentor. The T-6A is used for basic pilot and Combat Systems Officer training by the 🇺🇸 USAF. The USN & USMC use it for primary and intermediate Naval Flight Officer Training.

It is also used by the following as a Basic, Initial & Elementary Flight Trainer:
FAA 🇦🇷
RCAF 🇨🇦
HAF 🇬🇷
IAF 🇮🇱
IQAF 🇮🇶
FAM/ADM 🇲🇽
RMAF 🇲🇦
RNZAF 🇳🇿
RAF 🇬🇧

Variants

Model 3000 - Company Demonstrator

T-6A Texan II
(Standard version for the USAF, USN, USMC and Hellenic Air Force)

T-6A NTA Texan II
(Armed version of the T-6A for the HAF (20). T-6A NTA has the capability to carry rocket pods, gun pods, external fuel tanks, and bombs)

T-6B Texan II
Upgraded version of the T-6A with a digital glass cockpit, HUD, MFD, HOTAS used at NAS Whiting Field & NAS Corpus Christi. It is also used by the USNTPS at NAS Patuxent River

AT-6B Wolverine
Armed version of the T-6B for primary weapons training or light attack roles. It has the same digital cockpit, but upgraded to include datalink and integrated electro-optical sensors along with several weapons configurations.Engine power is increased to 1,600 shp (1193 kW) with the Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6-68D engine, and the structure is reinforced.

T-6C Texan II
Upgraded version of the T-6B with wing hard points, primarily designated for export sales.

T-6D Texan II
Version based on T-6B and C for the US Army for operational support, testing, utility, and chase plane roles.

CT-156 Harvard II
Version of the T-6A for NFTC with the Canadian Forces.Nearly identical to standard USAF and USN in terms of avionics, cockpit layout, and performance.

Performance
General characteristics

• Crew: one / two
  • Length: 33 ft 4 in (10.16 m)
  • Wingspan: 33 ft 5 in (10.19 m)
  • Height: 10 ft 8 in (3.25 m)
  • Wing area: 177.5 sq ft (16.49 m2)
  • Aspect ratio: 6.29:1
  • Empty weight: 4,707 lb (2,135 kg)
  • Gross weight: 6,300 lb (2,858 kg)
  • Max takeoff weight: 6,500 lb (2,948 kg)
  • Fuel capacity: 149.0 Imp gal (677.5 liters, 1200 lb)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-68, 1,100 shp (820 kW)
  • Propellers: 4-bladed Hartzell HC-E4A-2 Hub with E9612 blades, 8 ft 1 in (2.46 m) diameter

Performance

• Cruise speed: 320 mph (510 km/h, 280 kn)
  • Never exceed speed: 364 mph (586 km/h, 316 kn)
  • Range: 1,000 mi (1,700 km, 900 nmi)
  • Service ceiling: 31,000 ft (9,400 m)
  • g limits: +7.0g −3.5g

@IFAE_GLOBAL_AIRFORCE

GAF would love a trainer in their arsenal. We’ve been resorting to TBMs for a while now.

(If you can, you can vote for you own request!)

1 Like

Livery’s of the operators listed above

3 Likes

They are a super cool trainer, especially the ones with rocket pods.

1 Like

@Alek1

The armed version the AT-6B Wolverine, is currently undergoing operational testing with the US Air Force along with A-29 Super Tucano aircraft, under the Light-Attack/Armed Reconnaissance (LAAR) programme, which is also known as Light Air Support (LAS) or the OA-X programme.

The LAAR programme is aimed at identifying a suitable replacement for the USAF’s A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft fleet.

Below is the cockpit of the T-6 Texan II

1 Like

RAF 🔵⚪️🔴 - T-6 Texan II Low Level Flying, Lake Vyrnwy, Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Courtesy of:

1 Like

The Air Force gave me an incentive flight so I got to fly one of these in a MOA doing aerobatics. Have my vote for sure.

1 Like

To me this kinda looks like a mini version of the P-51

Can see what you mean @KGJT-9149
Especially from mid to aft section of the frame.

1 Like

T-6 Texan Display Down-underhttps://youtu.be/eTLB2-yEcOI

Cool, Recent snap of ZM331 Raytheon T-6C Texan II going through the Mac Loop 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Would be awesome to have this aircraft in game, really would bring something different to sim !

Yes we need this! I see these planes every day when the Navy are training

3 Likes

Would be awesome to replicate !

1 Like

RAF Texan T.Mk1 out of RAF Valley, on low level sortie in the Lake District. Would be great to have this type & scheme in IF.

1 Like

These would be so much fun to fly.

Let me clear a vote for this beauty, I’d love to fly it on Infinite Flight with the Mexico Air Force Livery
Photo source

1 Like

3 Likes

Great to see CORDITE Flt at Brize this week, Courtesy of 72 Sqn based at RAF
Valley. Would love to have this model and livery in game to bring something different, providing an interesting alternative to the sim.

2 Likes