Testing out my new camera with WSSS Approach shots!

Fantastic shots! Do you know were that UPS 767 came in from?

3 Likes

These are real great pictures man! Really awesome.

2 Likes

I think the UPS 763 was flight 5X167 from Shenzhen to Singapore (N307UP). If anyone else knows, do correct me, it’s quite hard to find cargo flights to WSSS!

3 Likes

Very nice pictures!Any solid cameras you guys recommend?

3 Likes

Maybe a little more info? Do you want a mirrorless or a DSLR? Do you favour low-light performance? Do you have money to burn or are you like me with a wallet now comparable to a dried-up lake bed? Have you got any cameras already in mind? Do you own any camera currently or are you starting out?

If you’re going for just “solid” cameras, I have a friend who’s very happy with his Nikon D500, price nonwithstanding! My 7D has been great so far, but you’d need to find a good used copy unless you’re willing to pay for the Mark II. The 5D Mark III/IV/SR is good for full-frame, as well as the D810! More info please, I’m sure everyone here would be more than happy to help you choose a new camera.

2 Likes

Been eyeing the Sony A6500 for awhile

3 Likes

Not from me, but from a close friend;

No personal experience, but I heard it’s quite legit. That tiny camera with such a high burst rate. But Sony lens collection is limited as compared to Canon or Nikon, but there are adapters that you can use to adapt from canon or Nikon to Sony. So, it’s quite cool.

Of course, mirrorless cameras are lighter and have EVFs which allow you to see the change in shutter/aperture/ISO in real time so you never really have a underexposure problem, but from going from a E-M10 with the EVF to the 7D with the bigger, brighter and clearer OVF I’d have that anyday.

Have you tried renting the camera for a day or two to try it out? You can consider that and then once you’re satisfied you can buy the actual product. Also, can anyone who owns the camera maybe chime in? Surely there must be someone…

2 Likes

Changi beach shots are amazing. I went to singapore for a holiday and saw lots of planes i never see at PER/YPPH.

2 Likes

Where did you go? The problem with spotting is that if you don’t have a car or time to travel, it’s very troublesome to get around anywhere good. I could only get this done thanks to my dad who woke up early to drive me here to see, and if you were to go to the pier along the more popular part of east coast you’d need a 400mm lens on a crop body just to get any shots that don’t need cropping later.

The timings are weird as well, you’d need to be there in the early morning or late evening to see any 744s/359s/788s which are not found anywhere else. Overall I’d say if you’re coming to Singapore, come around the time of the Singapore Airshow and take the planes there, it’s so much easier (anyone making plans to come?).

I went to changi village by bus, there can be some good 20R approaches as they come down really close

1 Like

Really amazing photos. Like the 777 emirates

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.