Testing for Expert Server

So, bear with me, I’m aware this might be unpopular in some ways.

The standard on the advanced server is often poor. It is supposed to be a server for realistic simulation of flight. The rules for Groundspeed, ATC and other areas are very strict. The advanced ATC have to pass numerous written and practical tests for use on advanced, why can the same not be applied to pilots?

It doesn’t have to be massive, but for instance, What does flying in the pattern mean? How would you enter a runway in left downwind? If you are at 20,000 ft inbound to an airfield intending to land what is the minimum distance you should start your descent? What would the procedure be after you are instructed to Go Around by ATC?

This could be aligned on the same basis as ATC and access denied with a message, please go to Infinite Flight Community to apply for advanced access. And the same procedures (and privelidges) for advanced ATC can be given to pilots. Or at least the ones that hold their “Advanced Licence” for a certain amount of time.

What do you guys think, as in all honesty, the XP system does not work, and neither does the grading. I for one feel I rewarded for applying myself correctly and not being any different to the other peanuts on advanced,

16 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

1 Like

The hassle of testing every pilot is a heavy responsibility. It would take a lot of manpower to help test.

3 Likes

1 Like

6 Likes

Real life is also very strict you know. And about the GS: It’s NOT realistic if you are flying with 600kts+ and it’s a pain to control. Trust me we controllers let you make many many mistakes and give you more chances than you would actually deserve. If we ghost, it’s justified for sure and proven by screenshots.

2 Likes

@zbelle I would stay away from requiring Grade 5. Some of us can only fly a certain amount of time every week, due to jobs or school (when it’s in session). Perhaps Grade 4, but not Grade 5, as I feel its requirements are a bit lofty, unless we want to stay indoors all day doing nothing but flying :)

5 Likes

1 Like

It’s an interesting idea that’s been talked about before. It wouldn’t be bad to have some sort of automated test. The questions could be changed up once in a while to keep people from just posting answers somewhere. Even so, it would help some. Every little bit helps.

5 Likes

1 Like

“What does ‘remaining in the pattern’ mean?” “When should the ‘going around’ message be used?” If these were 2 test questions then half the people on advanced would be gone! 😉

9 Likes

which we don thave in IF so going over 600kts is not realistic.

2 Likes

1 Like

DEFINITLY not grade 5. Im only grade 3 but thats because i don’t have enough time to fly all the time, and i obey all rules, etc. Many others are this way. Not too many people are grade 5 anyway.

3 Likes

Same here I am no way going to get to grade 5 so quick but over time I will.

2 Likes

same here as well. I do think this would be a good idea.

1 Like

Well… i saw Grade 5 pilots are the most troublemakers in IF, the issue is not the grade, it’s the stupidness of the pilot himself

2 Likes

1 Like

Whmm… Grade 5 requirement is a bit stiff, and testing everyone for advanced is out of the question unless it could be automated. How about requiring anyone that’s ghosted take a test in order to return? That sounds like a reasonable (more manageable?) compromise!

1 Like