Testing Etiquette for New Controllers

Controllers,

This is a friendly reminder that we will remain professional and afford EVERY user the same fair opportunity to prove what they know. “nimrodding” and trolling will not be tolerated during testing. If you don’t believe me, ask Ian.

Many have asked who is allowed to test other users? At this time, ONLY advanced 1 controllers and up may test other users and send myself or Dan direct feedback to add controllers.

Keep in mind the person as a whole when we test. Not only are we looking for the ability to control, but are they mature and professional. Are they someone that can be looked up to in the community and act professional? This is YOUR group and we all play a crucial role in controlling the direction this community will go in. Thanks for all you do and as always, the door is always open if you have questions! 😊

18 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Tyler, I am Advanced controller 1 now. I’d like to help recruit. Is there a need for more people to help?

I would love to help recruit too. And also, did you get my PM?

Great info, Tyler. If I find free time I will be happy to test here and there. I didn’t realize I had that authority. I can’t say it will happen much but always willing to help when and where I can.

2 Likes

Hi-Any chance you could test me? Thanks Anyway

So when do we know to test? Will those being tested post here at certain airports or is it more of a rogue testing method?

Hey, I can test you if you’d like. I’m free today from 11PM GMT - 12AM GMT. Let me know if that works for you. If it does, then I’ll private message you what airport you should do it at.

1 Like

Sorry I’m busy then-Thanks for the offer-Could we sort out a different time/date pephaps?

Also do you have any idea how long it will take and what airport it will be from? What excatly will you be judging me on? Thanks Again

The practical is based on how you respond to certain calls, how quickly you respond to them (based on the amount of traffic), what order the calls are made in and how you deal with incoming aircraft and aircraft on the ground at the same time. Simple stuff if you know what you’re doing. I’ll message to organize a time that works for both of us.

1 Like

Thankyou very Much! You wouldn’t happen to know what “transition” is would you?

Transition is when you fly over an active airport, you would request transition, and the controller will tell you an altitude that you have to stay above. Only request this if you are just passing through @BBJMAX

6 Likes

Thanks a lot

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton
Could i please have the written test if that’s okay
Thanks😀

I firmly agree with the need for maturity. I would think that the developers/owners would insist on it. They wouldn’t want users spreading bad reports about a horrible experience with ATC. The pilots want a fun and realistic app. Just keep monitoring and when you hear of a rogue user observe them to confim and then instruct one-on-one to help correct the action.

5 Likes

** :grinning: you would do good in that area Thomas…well done…**

2 Likes

hy, great job, now i whant to report an atc guy, how can i do it?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

hello sir, atc ignoring player, giving wrong instructions, and after all this, he is telling me to read the atc guidnence!:-) any chance for me to fly in same condition like so many other guys? or is this atc only for iffg admins or for iffg atc guys? do they pay more than me or what? is it hard to believe that some other pilots here knows the rules? probably even better then some recruits? if atc whants respect, they must show some respect too! this is an really serios matter to me, and if i do say something, all i get back is “was just an mistacke”! it was not, i tell u! manny examples, many cases, no resilults nothing! isnt atc controled by devs?