Terrible winds over Montreal

Hi,

I’m doing a long flight, and I’m the Montreal time zone, there are 148kts winds, and my plane is bumping about. I have a green tick, so not a server problem, but it’s not doing wonders for my fuel efficiency…

Are these the actual winds?

I’m Delta 563 Heavy on Casual if you want to know my exact location😉

Thanks

3 Likes

I’ve seen winds aloft like that before. It’s no server error. An IFAE in Slack reported 152kt tailwinds over the Atlantic not long ago.

7 Likes

The winds have died down slightly to 137kts…

2 Likes

Don’t worry…those are some jet streams with bit of extra winds I guess. @Gabe_Z can explain you briefly 😅

2 Likes

Yes, these are Jet Stream. I will explain more when I am done with my school work.

Oh a little rattle. Will be nice to brush off the dust from the plane wings. 😁

1 Like

I met some harsh winds last year during a Trans-Pacific flight from Los Angeles to Tokyo. Then many other times as I’ve crossed the Ocean, I’ve encountered strong winds ranging between 130-160kts, all when flying west over the Pacific from US to Asia 🛫

I’ve encountered severe turbulence and tailwinds as strong as 160 kts. My ground speed was 620 kts at M.78. Quickest i’ve ever gone in an airliner.

One time when I looked on Skyvector, the winds over Japan at FL340 were as much as 200kts!

1 Like

I have had this happen over the Atlantic, 150-160kts, I don’t know if @Nate_Schneller was referring to me as I had that happen, I wish IF didn’t combine high wind speed with turbulence as much as it does.

1 Like

it’s still acceptable
i have tried 190knts winds from the west
when i way flying LGW-KEF

Strong winds sure, but not uncommon in the daring IF skies, lol.

I’ve had worse, 210kts headwind EGLL>KATL B752

1 Like

I don’t know what your altitude is, but those winds look correct.

Windy.com is a great tool to see what the winds are at different altitudes all over the globe.

2 Likes

Winds have died down a lot over night, and I’m at the top of China trying to reach Kuala Lumpur (WMKK)

2 Likes

The entire northeast US features a large storm moving through, expect lousy weather throughout the region.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.