Terrain quality getting lower and lower ?

Hey there ! Some people dm’d me on my infinite flight account @if_4_you about the terrain quality going down since the release. I started to make my research:

• I found out that the high quality terrain took a lot of time to load and sometime never loaded fully (not so great quality)
  • I asked other people that have other devices and all, they have the same problem.

I am running a 12.9 inch iPad Pro 128GB (79 remaining) running on IOS 10.3.3
I completely deleted and downloaded the app again multiple times and I have a good WiFi connection
Thanks

2 Likes

The high quality will require more wifi to load as clear as possible. The topography has made the land graphics different than pre-global, but there are trade offs. I would also recommend updating your OS to the newest version to prevent more bugs from happening.

Thanks, but I do not understand how it’s happening. why the more global update is far the more the terrain looks bad… I deleted and reinstalled the app and all.

1 Like

Yep, it’s just the topography, I’m not sure if it’ll be redone sometime in the future.

A strong and stable internet connection is a key component for the total HD imagery experience. Also not that not all imagery is 15m at the moment ;)

2 Likes

Maybe a server restart could help ? It helped last time I had this issue when Laura did it

1 Like

Yep, all good ! Great WiFi and even when I am alone using the app I get that. And I was flying in 15m imagery places

1 Like

Not an issue here.
I doubt this is a widespread issue as the terrain are streamed using content delivery networks. Which means the terrain are loaded from the FDS server to various other servers around the world to keep the streaming speeds high, and the stress on FDS servers lower.

So what should i do to fix it ? I’ve restarted my device, deleted and redownload the app 2 Times, restarted my WiFi router completely…

1 Like

It will be hard to see unless you can provide some before/after pics. :/

Sure, I am going to send it to you soon. Thanks

1 Like

Just a proof that I am not alone sending you pics later

1 Like

Not to ask an “is it plugged in” question, but just to make sure: when you re-installed the app, did you make sure that you set your graphics settings back to High?

1 Like

It is with full graphics and anti aliasing on

1 Like

Hey, just to make sure do you know that not all parts of the world are HD? Depending on where you fly.

Sure ! I even printed the map that has low and high quality imagery

1 Like

Okay maybe try restarting the device to keep the app fresh.

I appreciate the help but please go and read what i’ve Written above so I don’t need to write it again

1 Like

Okay, the restarting method is what I was recommended to keep terrain working but it seems like your issue is more developed!

and I am not the only one too

1 Like