Template for support topics

Yes I think there should be a template for the support category too, it would make things a lot easier when making support requests.

12 Likes

Template that’s the word I was looking for 😂

7 Likes

Almost 90% of the #support topics don’t include Device, OS, and IF Version 😂. So this is definitely needed

9 Likes

@philippe can we put in a template like this for #support?

12 Likes

Oh god YES! Great idea!

6 Likes

There’s already topics like this if you didn’t know:

3 Likes

But I think this topic is better because people may forget to include something. This sets the guidelines.

3 Likes

You don’t understand.

We’re talking about Templates. Pre-written text that’s already there when you try to post something.

11 Likes

Oh, sure. Can you even set that?

1 Like

We really do need some sense in the #support catorgy, thank you for this @Brandon_Sandstrom, much needed :)

3 Likes

Yes. We use them in some other categories

3 Likes

Yes, like in #live:events.

5 Likes

Not sure if Infinite Flight version is to much use though… Many people haven’t got a clue how to figure that out, and will just lead to more confusion.

1 Like

The reason we didn’t put a template there is because we didn’t want to deter ppl from reporting issues. The support category is often the first category where ppl will post.

9 Likes

Maybe just phrase it in a more simple manner e.g “Have you updated to the latest version of Infinite Flight yet?”

3 Likes

There has to be some sort of middle ground though. Most the time it takes people 20-30 minutes to get the information out of them to properly help, with what they have going on.
I don’t want to deter people from reporting issues they are having either. Just a way to help us help them quicker.

1 Like

Nice idea, I think it will be very helpful and professional!

Agreed Brandon. I think a template might actually make it a little simpler and less confusing for both the OP and the members trying to help them.

2 Likes

But as you can see everyone used Events prefilled thing in the right way.

Why not use my example ?
Don’t understand why this can’t be implemented. People would stop asking “add devices infos pls”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.