Tell Us a Personal Humorous/Horror Aviation Story!

Great Forum! Smart People! The cast of characters runs the full gamut from the fledgling to the crusty old line/ military pro.We need some real world comedy relief or the horror story about the one you walked away from! It will brighten our day. So tell us a Story, Only a little BS, a factual short account and the lesson learned. Just askin, Mad Max Sends

1 Like

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1330959

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1391975/

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/743340/

Enjoy.

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

Great links Boeing, alway like the commercial press edited versions of “real” life experiences from the often unidentified fictitious unwashed. Now here I asking for our friends and fellow enthusiasts for there real exploits. So how bout it; Tell Us a Story Boeing. First person, not a plane spotter story. But a flying experience that will get our attention… Ok, big guy, your on, go for it…
Max Sends

I don’t got much but here goes:

Delta Connection CRJ-900:

I was on a short Endeavor Air (d.b.a. Delta Connection) flight from JFK-BOS. The first two stages of flight were rather uneventful-It was a beautiful May weekend-Very little clouds. After about 40ish minutes in the air, plane began its descent. We went past notable planespotting locations (Didn’t see any spotters though :cry:) and continued what seemed like a nice descent. We floated above the runway for an unusually long time then BAM-Plane slams down onto the runway-Hardest I’ve ever experienced. Not to toot my own horn, but I generally hold video cameras pretty steady. That landing was the first time the video camera fell :grin:. Then the pilots gunned the thrust reversers up to a high speed, which was equally irritating. We turned off the runway and off towards the terminal and the first thing the FA said was “If you haven’t noticed yet, we’ve arrived in Boston.” and then came the reply from the back of the plane “NO SH¡T”. FAs were in very good spirits though and there were no hard feelings when we de-planed. Pilot wasn’t looking very happy though :grin:.

American Airlines Boeing 757-200:

Both of my MIA-based 752 flights were less than stellar (For various reasons). The first came in fast so we bounced a bit upon landing (And the interior was crap). The second was better (Crew and condition) but waiting to get on the plane was horrible. The flight was an early one, departing at around 6:00 AM IIRC. Woke up at 2:45 AM to make it to the airport and check-in line before everyone else did (For the record there were people ahead of me). As soon as I step into the bus, I get the call from AA that the flight is delayed indefinitely (Craptacular). I get to the airport with my suitcase and the checkin line at 3 in the morning goes to the sliding doors :sob:. Eventually AA says the flight is to depart at 1 PM. After 3ish hours (This is from a shady memory), I’m finally checked in. As I’m checked in, I am notified that 1. The plane went tech and the required part was in Dallas (Nearest) 2. I would miss my connection at MIA and would have to stay overnight unless I wished to pay extra (F*ck). For the record, there was a family that had to do a 4-stop flight to get home. Anyway, I go the gate and park myself by an outlet. I go around and do some spotting then the departure is extended to 3 PM because the plane due to deliver the part was delayed (sigh). We eventually did depart at 2:30 PMish. But the fun didn’t end there! When we (I wasn’t traveling solo) finally arrived in MIA, got the bags, went through customs, and ate dinner (8 PM), we have to wait for the hotel’s shuttle bus to arrive because there is NO WAY I was going to pay for a rental car. The hotel van arrives at 10:00 PM for reasons that are still unknown to me :expressionless:.

Despite all the hell of waiting, the delay put me in the middle of a lot of activity-Iberia A340-600, Cubana An-158, Avianca ATR 72-600, etc. We boarded by the maintenance hangar and got a bus ride past most of the gates and the scrapyard. Saw the city’s police “Squadron” of Cessna 172s (It was so cute :joy:). Got 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and an overnight stay at a hotel for free though.

The crew on that Caribbean flight was also great. Once we boarded the aircraft, the FAs came on the PA system and made an announcement thanking us and apologizing for being patient and waiting 9 hours to depart. Then they made this golden statement at the end :joy:: “We and the airline sure didn’t enjoy the delay too. We were stuck in a hotel and the airline is now stuck with a thousand dollar bill.” :joy:. Very surprisingly, no one gave the FAs a hard time and that temporarily restored my faith in humanity…

The flight from MIA was uneventful and rather good though (Got to try out American Airlines’ extra legroom service on their new-build A321-200s! Very good by the way).

Never really had many event-filled flights that didn’t involve planespotting. I have a couple planespotting stories for you if you want.

Enjoy.

Long live the DC-9!

2 Likes

(@Boeing). Love it! Interesting and fun… Thanks, Max

Lol :laughing: !

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Was flying with Ryanair one year during the summer. Landing during a storm into Leeds Bradford international. Landing was so hard I could see the interior of the fuselage shimmering and the landing caused the casing of one engine to fall off! What a feeling it was when I stepped off the plane😂 737-800. Not a landing I’d like to be reproduced!!

Regards,

John Gerard

3 Likes

This came across my news feed yesterday the last one is priceless that ground controller was so pissed.

(@divebuddha) LOL… Sound like a MAT (Charter Military Airlift) flight… I’ll hold that story till the end… Think Flying Tiger Airlines.

Great Stuff @JGK00… Reminds me of a C-130 go and an over run on a short hacked out dirt strip on the Kenya/Somalia Border. Another saver. Thanks Guy, is’nt life grand… Regards Max

1 Like

@Brandon_Sandstrom … I was having dinner when I read these exchanges!
The German/English exchanges really got me I almost Pis$ed my pants. I read my wife the female Ground exchange, she roared… You made my day. Regards, Max

1 Like

Yea the German/English one was classic to.

I have had some rather hard landings with Ryanair!

1 Like

enter link description here

1 Like

I thought this was good. With the song about Airbus and the Japannese language if your lost in Japan. HAHAHAHAHAH

2 Likes

@Peter_Osioh … I did pis$ my pants this time… LOL. Great Find, Thanks Max

1 Like

The engine case didn’t pay its boarding fee, so they dealt with it :smiley:

1 Like

I was flying my lance piper with my dad about 8 years ago and idk why but we flo right into this really bad storm and the turbulence so bad that the we had almost no control and the wings were turning like straight up and down its got pretty scary and I was so scared my hands were shaking lol

1 Like

Moved to real world aviation

1 Like