Tell something that amazed you about aviation!

Okay…so not everyone knows everything about aviation and no one can !! As Captain Joe says “a good pilot is always learning”, so on that note, I’d like to ask all of you to comment something which you think is an amazing fact/thing about or related to aviation…to start with I’ll put one below 👇

• The World’s Most Frequent Flyer :

Tom Stuker (59 yrs. old, Chicago) logged just over 1,000,000 miles in a single year, all in first class. Overall, he has traveled over 10 million miles.

8 Likes

An A320 consists of 340,000 parts

14 Likes

The A380 is able to fly the AN225 was able to fly

6 Likes

We went from a small aircraft made out of wood, cotton fabric, and steel wires, to aircraft made out of metal that weigh thousands of pounds along with wingspans up to 262 feet. Despite that, engineers still manage to get these hunks of metal into the air

5 Likes

Damn…I’m awestruck

1 Like

Sadly An225 is no more 😢

1 Like

Just reading this sent chills in my spine !! Aviation has developed way too much…humans are advancing a lot day by day!!

2 Likes

Planes get pulled by the air, they don’t push it down.

5 Likes

Interesting 🤔

Going along with that, the 747 has 6 million parts
Also planes move through the air (I bet you didnt know that)

4 Likes

That a piece of metal or aluminum or whatever it’s made of can fly for like 20 hours at a time.

3 Likes

That airplane food can taste good

4 Likes

Now that’s just 🧢

1 Like

NO LEGIT
I flew with Qatar airways, I ordered the breakfast menu and it wasn’t bad! Not top tier but it was not bad.

4 Likes

Emirates Food is one of the bests i ever had on an Airplane and no one can change my mind

4 Likes

Ok any airline from the US food sucks

2 Likes

The Airbus cockpit design/layout was designed by Porsche (the car manufacturer)!

https://www.porscheengineering.com/peg/en/services/ourreferences/airbus/

9 Likes

I don’t like saying this one out loud too much because it makes it seem like I have no knowledge of aviation at all but whenever I see aircraft taking off, I’m always amazed that a 77 ton aircraft just gracefully lifts it’s nose gear off the runway and slowly the rest of it follows.

You can talk all you want about lift, drag, thrust and weight but I will always find that amazing and frankly impossible.

Also, I know this one has been mentioned here before

8 Likes

A piece of metal could fly.

4 Likes

This is the best fact I have read today !! Really amazing to know this being an Airbus fan myself !! Woah…thanks for sharing !!

2 Likes