Tell me your ways

How do some of you guys fly for 5+ hours? I flew from KMIA-KLAX which is a long flight, and I almost lost it. Any tips?

Sanity? Gone. weave? Snatched

7 Likes

Do something else, distract yourself just enough to remain sane :)

1 Like

So that’s what people do. I’ve been doing this all wrong 💀

6 Likes

Do you sit there and watch it for all 5 hours?

9 Likes

So, if you want to fly for a long haul, you just need to be on during takeoff till cruise and about 10 minutes before Top of Descent. So during cruise, put the essential settings on your control panels, to not drain battery, go to cockpit then zoom in in a non-animated area, turn the brightness down and then plug the device in so you don’t lose battery, then you just place your device on a cool surface. There are many tips to fly long hauls if you just search them up, it will become easier as you fly more and more of them. Hope this helps! 😄😄😄

2 Likes

Some people have other devices they can use to entertain themselves with

3 Likes

Depends if you have to step climb you can’t leave the device until 10 minutes till TOD.

3 Likes

I fly around my plans for the day so I know if im going to be gone from home for 8ish hours I will do a 10hr flight to make it in time for TOD.

2 Likes

Do you have a computer?

1 Like

If I am doing a long haul, it’s typically overnight so I’ll be sleeping. Anything during the day, I’ll set up the flight, get to cruise, and just do something else until it’s time to descend.

6 Likes

I just get to cruise and then do random stuff on my computer even on short haul if there is no ATC.

2 Likes

I just cry

12 Likes

The best time to do a long haul is when you know you have other things to do. Mine would be homework and studying, once I get up to cruising I leave it and do what I need to do so later I can do what I want to do. It’s a huge compromise

3 Likes

I use IF Assistant’s VNAV feature for Step Climbs. It is very useful.

3 Likes

Wait you can step climb when you aren’t there?!? How have I never known this

1 Like

I need to know this as well

2 Likes

IF Assistant has a VNAV feature which allows you to program an altitude for each waypoint, therefore allowing you to program step climbs Fire while you are away from your device.

4 Likes

Go for a walk while flying (:

2 Likes

I literally do anything but sit at my device. Here’s some ideas:

• meditate
  • cook
  • spend time with friends/family
  • play games
  • touch grass (hard ikr)
  • study
  • take a shower
  • clean your room