Ted Airlines A320-200

Hello everyone!
Today I am going to tell you a little about Ted airlines.
Ted Airlines was an airline that was operated by the larger, United Airlines. United created Ted to target the “low cost airline market” in the early 21st century. Ted was announced by United in 2003 and was put into service on February 12th, 2004. Ted chose Denver International Airport to be their main hub to compete with the rising Frontier Airlines. Ted also had secondary hubs such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago O-hare, and Washington Dulles. Ted owned a total of 56 A320s for their fleet. Since United operated Ted and the fact that Ted only owned 56 aircraft, it was common to see a United A320 operating for a Ted A320. Though sometimes, this would confuse passengers expecting to see a big yellow tail instead for a baby blue tail. Ted operated routes all over the United States and included routes to Puerto Rico and Mexico. Ted operated very well for the time that it existed. But, after only five years of operations, United ceased the operations of Ted do to higher fuel prices. This resulted in United not having enough money to support their low cost carrier. United officially merged back into one airline on January 6th 2009.

(Photo credit to Brad Campbell)

I think that Ted would be a great add on to our existing A320 fleet. My favorite part about this plane is the beautiful yellow tail and big blue letters and engines on the plane. What do you guys like about this plane? Comment below!

Thanks for all the information about Ted Airlines, I didn’t know they were owned by United.

1 Like

It has United’s old logo on the tail and says “Part of United” on the fuselage 😉
The orange and blue looks great 👍