Teaching my Uncle to fly in IF

Disclaimer: My uncle gave me permission to post this
I’m teaching my uncle how to fly together! My Uncle and I have flown a few times in Hawaii and Mansfield in a Cessna on Casual. My uncle and I took a photo at the hangars at Mansfield (1B9). The right plane is me, the left plane is my uncle. I love teaching him to fly!
This image is also my user card background.

The rules say that I can only post my own photos, so if you want to see my uncle’s photo, PM me.

35 Likes

Oh that’s really cool see family flying together!

1 Like

It’s super fun flying with him! He’s getting the hang of flying.

1 Like

If you want to see my uncle’s image, I have asked the mods to post his image with his permission.

Reminds me of teaching my cousin how to fly in IF, he loved it for about 2 years, and then a few months after global, he got sick of it 😪

First flight we did (it was just for fun) we raced from Sydney to Canberra in F22’s lol, now that was fun

2 Likes

A bit extreme for his first flight, but ok! I hope he had fun in Infinite Flight, and I hope he enjoyed global because it was a great update.

1 Like

That’s an awesome story and pretty unique! Sounds like a load of fun!

1 Like

Glad everyone is enjoying this story :)

1 Like

Well he did become a very good pilot, but yeah, probably a bit extreme for a first flight lol

1 Like

Good for him!
My uncle’s first flight was at KIAD on Casual. He sometimes taxied through grass but he made it to the runway. He went off the runway during takeoff, but he did well for his first flight, especially since it was windy.

1 Like

It’s a good thing to fly with your family.

2 Likes

This is honestly such a genuine story. I think it’s super neat you’re teaching him, sounds like a good way to bond. :)

7 Likes

I have lots of fun flying in formation with him. We love talking over FaceTime at the same time :)

1 Like

That’s really amazing. Good for you guys! Sounds super fun. :)

1 Like

I tried teaching my friend but he thought it was too difficult for him sadly.

1 Like

Aww. If he comes back I hope he likes IF! If not, that’s OK.

1 Like