TBM Specs?

Hey guys. I was testing out the TBM, and I’m only aware of the takeoff tutorial. So during landing I had to use my best judgment. I was at around 90kn for the approach. Is that a good speed or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

5 Likes

That’s what I use and it works perfectly fine

4 Likes

i’ve been holding approx 87 KIAS on my approaches and it works very well. You should be just fine with 90

1 Like

Steveo1kinevo flies approaches faster. He’s still at about 110kn when crossing the treshold and then goes idle and flares. Touchdown is at around that 90.

1 Like

Idk about your I like to be at like 110 kts when on a three mile final. Once I get closer I tend to want to land about 90-100 kts 95 preferred and 100 kts at most. Landing tutorial will be up shortly thought like any other tutorials after release.

The speeds he uses for his videos are the ground speeds, not IAS.

2 Likes

Good point. Anyway i’ve been doing around 120 for approach, 110 for final then idle, flare and touchdown around 90kn. Nice and smooth 😊 i guess we’ll see when we get a tutorial😉

Using your hud you cab tell when you are at a good speed I feel like

2 Likes

Yea I like to do it at 88- 93 ground speed and never get down below 82 ground speed because that seems to be the stall point on the TBM when landing

2 Likes

Just one other thing: here is the POH (Pilot Operating Handbook) for the TBM 900 series. It has much of the speed information we need in it

2 Likes

Yeah. I really don’t have a set number I approach at. I just do what looks right

3 Likes

Especially when the little circle is droping down. Thats how I do almost all my aproacges since the numbers change so much with wind, etc. But about 90 kts is whare I an in the TBM

5 Likes

What about rate of climb in the TBM? How many feet/min is appropriate?

Just a question to anyone that can answer. IRL would the power be set at 100% for takeoff? I know commercial aircraft use a derated power setting and in piston aircraft (most of the time) 100% power Is set for takeoff but where does the TBM sit?

I usually come in at about 93 knots and that works perfectly fine for landing.

1 Like

Hi all, just in case this can help.
Happy landings

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.