TBM at Lukla?

Hey Everyone, Since the new TBM came out I was wondering if it could land at lukla. It says prop GA only and this is a turboprop but I was wondering if there was an exception.
Thanks,
Jackson

4 Likes

There is no exception I believe. Try on Solo first to see if the TBM is capable of landing there. They you might be able to try on Casual.

http://www.tbm.aero/products/tbm-930/

Edit: Well according to this it might not fit at Lukla. But if @DeerCrusher gives the go ahead, who am I to disagree? Have fun 👍

3 Likes

Technically it should be capable I think, and it should be allowed since it is a prop GA aircraft…

1 Like

Yes. The TBM is permitted to fly through all of the TFR’s (Temporary Flight Restrictions) that we currently have on the map. You’re good to fly in/out of Lukla, Aspen and Eagle airports. 🙂 Enjoy and don’t have too much fun! 😉

9 Likes

I’m so excited!!! Thanks so much and safe flights to all!

1 Like

Just know, you’ll need to be under MTOW and full flaps (LDG) to get off the ground at Lukla. Otherwise, you’ll end up losing some altitude.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.