TBM 930 - sharp banking in AP NAV mode

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the TBM 930 autopilot executes very sharp banking manoeuvres when changing course in NAV mode.

Does anyone else experience this issue?

I guess this is not a realistic behaviour, I’m pretty sure that at least some passengers would complain ;-) Maybe this can be fixed in a future airplane model update.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a bit known and on our to do list to improve over time :)

7 Likes

I believe it’s just a normal situation for the Autopilot in
game.

Vote for less aggressive turns here!

Oop sorry Seb.

2 Likes

Thanks @schyllberg and @Ecoops123 for your quick replies! Ok, I see that this is a well known issue which is already on the developers’ radar :-)

Ok. In the case of sharp course changes in the flight plan, another option I found, is to switch to heading mode shortly before reaching the fix. After performing the turn gradually with the heading bug, switch back to NAV mode. A bit cumbersome I admit, but keeps your passengers happy ;-)

3 Likes

Also apart from what is said above, try having a lower speed when flying steep turns so that the plane doesn’t jerk too much.

1 Like

I was just going to post something about this but I’m glad it’s already been addressed. I love the TBM and it’s my main aircraft, but I just thought the aggressive turns are quite unrealistic.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.