Taxiway Signs

It would also be cool if there was gate numbers on the ramp or floating in the air, so that Ground ATC can direct pilots to the specific gate.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea

1 Like

About the airport diagram for taxi, when you use fpltoif for plan Flights, u can find It on there, or Just search airport ICAO + charts its not hard… So signs ill be a good adiction for IF

1 Like

This is an awesome idea! Hopefully we can see these in the works soon!

1 Like

I’m not saying Ground is an easy job, it isn’t if you’re controlling Tower too. But I think an option to follow normal pushback / taxi when busy or if you have luxury of only controlling ground, you can drag a path along taxiways and It automatically issues the instruction… that’d be awesome and justify signs.

I just wanted to say, at the time I made this request (5 years ago) I was 13 and my English was terrible xd.

Unfortunately I can’t edit the request to make it better.
It is a simple request tho, which can be expanded. My original request is to add taxiway signs, so pilots know, by looking outside the window on which taxiway they are. Additionally to this I think it if the map also shows the taxiway names.
Sign:
afbeelding

Additionally new ATC commands could come in place sayin now plans must taxi.

1 Like

This would ONLY work if there was text to speach (like you say it into your device and u click the captain you want it for and it gets broadcasted) for the ATC controller and if we did this I think it should only be for IFATC

I thought about this for such a long time.

I think they must add this!

1 Like

Voted! Nice feature request

1 Like

some airports have lights on the ground that guide planes during taxi (i think Dubai Int. has this) . i think this would be a cool feature for IF to add in to help with taxi at busy airports .

1 Like

You mean taxiway lights? Almost all airports have those

1 Like

your guess is probably better then mine but that sounds about right

1 Like

I think he means instead of a follow-me car the lights flash to tell you where to go

1 Like

omg yes that’s exactly what i was trying to get at . not necessary but i feel it would be a cool add-on

1 Like

Let’s get this feature some love

I am a bit confused on why taxiway names aren’t labeled on the map, now that the map has the taxiways laid out. It would be a lot easier for controllers to communicate on HOW to get to the assigned runway to the pilots. for example, All Nippon 195 Heavy, Taxi to runway to 22R via Juliet, Tango, Cross 31R, contact tower when ready. And I see a counterclaim coming- “but this would take too long for controllers to assign individual taxi routes for each aircraft.” my argument to that is that Infinite Flight could add a new feature for controllers where they could drag a taxi route on the charts. , as a vatsim controller, I give taxiway routing to people all the time, and i understand that because I am using my voice it is easier, but then again, they could always implement the “drawing a taxi route.” thanks everyone for reading!

Feel free to vote here:

I would really love to see taxi way lights first because im taxing over any taxi way at night 😂😂😂

I agree, and as @EdCruz pointed out, the drag-and-taxi feature would not give a substantially increased workload for the ground controllers, whilst organizing the chaotic mess which is ground today… :)

As you say, it’s a lot easier with the communication on VATSIM, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible here!

2 Likes

This would be good but we would need airport charts maybe in the map