Taxiway Markings

In @Hunter_Reynolds’s topic for Taxiway Signs, someone brought up that it might be hard to see the signs from the cockpit view and other views. I thought, what about the feature where you can see the names and distances of the airports? So I came up with the idea to have markings that look like that for the taxiways.

I KNOW THAT THERE IS ONLY ONE PICTURE PER REQUEST BUT THESE ARE NECESSARY.

First off, here is what it might look like in the settings tab I added the “Terminal Names” one as well but I realize I can only do one feature per request, so that will come later.:

This is what it could look like when you are taxiing down the runway and you turn the “Taxiway Names” feature on. It might get to clogged up so to you could have the option to only show the nearest taxiways:

And then after you exit the runway:

Thanks for looking at this.

More features like this to come including a feature where the only taxiway “green” is the one that ATC has assigned you to taxi on. ATC using taxiways is another feature that someone else has requested

-Pilot_SK

39 Likes

This is great idea!

7 Likes

Second feature coming shortly.

2 Likes

Nice idea, how’d you put that taxiway names into settings? Photoshop

1 Like

Yes photoshop.

3 Likes

This is a cool idea!

1 Like

Second one is out.

This is an idea I had:

If ATC said taxi to taxiway Zulu and take a left turn, it would look like this:

16 Likes

This is really nice.

1 Like

Love this idea too, along with your one on terminals. It would really help uncluttered some of the larger airports where people are just using any old taxiway.

1 Like

I would prefer to have it in the map and not on the screen. Too much clutter and hard to tell where it is pointing to. Imagine an airport like O’hare with all the runways and taxiways. Good idea though.

9 Likes

I felt that it would be cluttered when I was making it. That’s why I thought that there could be an option to show only the two nearest taxiways.

1 Like

And for ATC they could have a map showing all of the taxiways and terminals so the pilots and ATC could coordinate.

I think it would be better off on a map or with 3D signs on the grass rather with this ugly clutter. I know it would be helpful but it does not look nice.

2 Likes

I understand. I have heard that it is hard to have 3D buildings on mobile but the map makes sense.

1 Like

I mean like the ones in real life. I understand they would be hard to produce.

It should say if its ALPA or BRAVO ect.

that is a great idea but please 1 feature per topic
No more than 1 picture per feature request (preferably in the initial post) @Pilot_SK

As mentioned in the other post on gate names, this proposal although nice is unrealistic. Cameron has produced an app that lets you see where you are at an airport in real time. All of the taxiways and runways are shown as well as the gated and other players on that server. Why not download Live Flight!

2 Likes

It’s fine in this case.

8 Likes