Taxiway lines in the Airport diagram

Yes it could be good.

I honestly think we have enough lines already.

1 Like

But “generic” lines, it does not make you understand perfectly what area it is.

I know that real world pilots do not have taxi line guidance on their chart they’re using, and I think that’s what IF is trying to imitate.

It would obviously be a lot of work to add this, and consider this: at an intersection, if we had the lines you talked about, two taxiways would look more “dense” to the eye than it should be, and it will continue to strain a lot of devices (unless Metal happens).

For your example, I think you would have more options to get to 9L, don’t you think? Frankly you could’ve just walked the other way without any problems.

I have a question since we’re talking about taxiways and airport diagrams. Is there a website or app that can give me airliner terminal and gates?

That´s off topic. Search if such a topic is existant and search the internet. if you cannot find one you could consider making a topic. be sure to first check the forum AND internet good before clogging up the forum with a new post. Have a nice day @American_Ranger!

1 Like

Feel free to continue in this thread:

Not really because if you are in a big open area like where the gates are you could not know if you’re on a taxi way or not

I like this idea for the bigger map and maybe make an option for the taxiway lines to be bright color so differentiate what is taxiway vs the map is

This can be fixed very easily by cross-referencing with the airport/aerodrome chart. You can also check notams for the airport if you want to be even more realistic

yes, they don’t have them but the map is less confusing there

But not all people use them or if you find them on internet free problably it are not updated

Very true. Just do the best you can. I’ve noticed that vau.aero usually has charts that are current at least in the current year for most airports. The US charts are easy because those are publicly available and current

Also, you answered your own question here. Just using the real charts will help

Yes (if you find them updated) but as I said before it would be perfect to have it directly in the simulator

I have to agree with @DeerCrusher . I would rather have gate names before taxiway lines…

1 Like

Yes, but you also have to realize that not everybody is that fortunate irl either. How many aircraft actually having moving maps or even EFBs that geo-reference to their charts? Sometimes you just have to manage with charts and they’ve worked for decades even on paper

ok but if they added the airports diagrams it would be perfect that they make them more intuitive

also those!

1 Like

I think taxiway lines would make it even more confusing, it would just add to clutter on the display. In my opinion, a better option would be to have an airport diagram similar to what newer Boeing aircraft (747-8, 787, 737 MAX to my knowledge) on their ND, where taxiways and aprons are a filled-in grey colour, on a black background.

2 Likes

yes if the taxiway lines are confusing it could be done like this