Taxiway Lights

No joke. One of the most beautiful things while flying is when you are on approach and can see a fully lit airport (at night).

4 Likes

That’s the cool part about it!

or even actual lights on the airplane lights so we can see where were going.

2 Likes

Whenever i land at night I can’t see anything at all so i have to change time to noon smh 🤦‍♂️

5 Likes

Same and I really hate it because it really ruins the realism. Hopefully, the developers are making taxi lights available for all airports.

3 Likes

yes like it’s so unrealistic like i be thinking what are my virtual passengers gonna think “how is it a night so quick?” Instead of reworking any newer aircrafts we need better lights tbh

2 Likes

Yeah, The IFC has been requesting this for the past six years but still. I’m not sure why because I don’t know about modeling and stuff like that but I don’t think it’s that hard, right?

It is hard. Lights take a great amount of power to be able to run so they need to prepare the game’s coding to be able to withstand that

2 Likes

It’s a bit more than just modeling. It would need some hard work on getting the lighting done properly and distributed evenly on the pavement, making all the different light types, and optimizing the performance of all the small things so you don’t get 2 fps trying to load them all up and then it would be better just not having them at all. Things aren’t as easy as them seem, especially in developing a game like IF

2 Likes

Oh, then that’s understandable. Damn, I wish there was an easier way to do so. I was thinking that the IF developers should hire people just for taxi lights. But even if they do so, it probably would take another 2 years because as you said;

When we in the Airport Editing Team edit Airports, we add Taxiway lights, edge and centerline, windsocks too

4 Likes

I believe that this feature is ABSOLUTELY needed in Infinite flight! A lot of community members have requested this because of the low visibility of the taxiway at Night. This new update has brought many Phenomenal surprises with 3D Airports and clouds. Although the clouds have decreased the visibility EVEN MORE of the taxiways, and that’s why we desperately need them added into the game. The only thing missing from this update is Taxiway lights.

3 Likes

Forget new airplanes, this is a MUST NEEDED feature

4 Likes

This is literally the most voted request, with almost double the amount of votes of the most voted plane (E-Jet), no reason not to add!

2 Likes

Voted! We really need this as i need to keep on changing time to noon whenever i land during night time since I can’t see anything! I believe this will be the next big update that everyone really wants!

2 Likes

Stop, every other game has them. Their downfall was literally putting every single airport in the world, when maybe people fly to 10% of them

2 Likes

Airports are 2D and there’s a team of volunteers that do so that the developers can focus on other things like taxi lights!

1 Like

Developers are aware of the want for this feature and have stated that they intend to begin working on it in the future

3 Likes

Imagine if this thread passed 2000 votes 😉

3 Likes

We really need this after the 21.1
🙏🙏🙏🙏

3 Likes