Taxiway Lights

i think it will be implemented in the next update whenever the a320 etc comes out. what do u think?

8 Likes

I think not but they are adding 2d jetbridges on some airports, maby they add taxiway lights in a later update.

12 Likes

Yes i agree because they are adding cockpit lights in some aircraft but when I land in the 744 at night I can’t see they taxiways

16 Likes

Honestly, of all the features out there, better lighting is the one we need most IMO.

26 Likes

Another mobile flight simulator has taxiway lights, runway numbers and threshold arrows. Their airports are steps ahead of IF’s and this is why I believe, improving airports in IF has top priority.

IF is still the best mobile version out there and will always be! Thanks FDS!

27 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

and add take off lights (front of the plane) for takes off and landing

14 Likes

Agree. Another vital thing needed to taxi during night and this one shouldn’t be too hard to realise as we already have Nav, strobes and beacon

13 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

So this hasn’t been added yet? Would love it!

8 Likes

yes I totally agree , I a proposal
for landings lights too. everyone will like that will be like in real life

9 Likes

Hope the Devs see this and respond. I would really like to know their plans for more lights and general improvements for night flights. :)

8 Likes

I think that the idea of taxiway lights is a very good one, yet it would lag the gameplay even more than it does now. Yet it would add a lot to the IF flight experience indeed.

5 Likes

36 likes wow!

4 Likes

How do you know it’s gonna lag? My IF doesn’t lag at all :)

Taxiway lights is a necessity because Night flying is simply impossible right now in IF. Some way it’s gotta be improved. We are in need of working landing AND taxi lights OR taxiway lights only

16 Likes

My IF doesn’t lag at all, but I’ve seen some other devices lag a lot. I was just trying to take interest in other people’s eventual complications.

4 Likes

We need something like this. I tried flying at night and taxiing from cockpit view for me was nearly impossible. I had to switch to dusk to find the taxiway.

106 Likes

@Kilt_McHaggis has showed us and even told us that taxi lighting is implemented in every airport that he and the Airport Editing Team updated. He said that he disables them when updates realease and to have taxiway lights added into the game is essentially “A flip of a switch” (not literally because what he meant is a couple of lines of code). Basically the taxiway lights are in the airports that have been updated but, are disabled by the request of Philippe. When Philippe gives the Airport Editing Team permission to enable them (the taxiway lights) all the team (Airport Editing Team or Philippe himself) has to do is insert the lines of code that allows them to work in the game. Kilt said that he (and the team) add them now as “Future Proofing” because he said that eventually one day Philippe will give them permission to add them to the game and so instead of having to add them to the airport and waste unnecessary time on it, they could just enable it (by adding the code that enables it) and like that they will have more time to work on other stuff. :)

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to be as clear as possible to avoid any confusion that might have come up if I didn’t go into detail. ;)

P.S. I’ll try to find the original thread (where all this information came from) and post here so you could check it out yourself. Also I don’t ask me about 3D buildings because I don’t know anything about that, sorry. If you want to know ask a member of the Airport Editing Team or Kilt and they might tell you. Make sure to PM if your going to ask by the way. 🙂

@Kilt_McHaggis Did I forget anything, or was it fully explained? 😉

17 Likes

That is incorrect. Lighting is included in every airport ready for when IF implements the solution to enable them to function. The airport editors have been providing this for some time. I/we have no knowledge of when this function will become available.

15 Likes

In the pictures you provided I can clearly see texiway lights. I also recall you or a mod saying that Philippe is the one that doesn’t allow it yet becuase it hasn’t been tweaked so it would make performance issues?

6 Likes