Taxiway Clarification Help

It’s embarrassing that I’m grade 4 and yet I’m still trying to figure out taxiways, but I just need clarification. I’ll use the example on KLAX.

Is there a specific way to taxi? Let’s say I’m going to runway 25R which these taxiways lead towards. Do I taxi on the left or right? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Hmmmm, I would use the left one. So you don’t interfere with those exiting the runway.

1 Like

I dont know if this is correct but I always try use the one furthest from the runway as long as possible, that way aircraft dont have any issues vacating the runway if asked to expedite

1 Like

Normally I use the left side, then I change to the right side to hold short the runway

1 Like

I would also say left, because planes that leave Runway 25R then use the taxiway closer to the runway

1 Like

I would check the taxi route of the actual flight from the Flightradar24

2 Likes

I don’t know, I believe irl, ATC gives you certain taxiways like Alfa or something and in IF it’s just that, I suggest choosing one way and keeping an eye out for aircraft.

I know at KJFK there are arrows on some taxiways

2 Likes

I just use Flightradar24 for taxing.

2 Likes

It’s normally the closer the runway for inbounds and the further our for departures. If there’s no traffic, or traffic on the other one, no harm in switching though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.