Taxilines at RJAA

Yesterday I noticed that the taxilines at RJAA were very thin. I don’t know if it is like that in real life. I just wanted to bring it up because I couldn’t see it when taxiing without zooming in.

-csg

2 Likes

Hey there!

This would be a job for Infinite Flight Airport Editing Team (IFAET). Maybe @Claudio can explain why.

Thanks,
Mason

This is satellite imagery of RJAA, do they look thinner than this?

I’d say it is. But for me it is very hard to see the line.

Idk, looks normal to me, just spawned there… it could just be the dark gray background that makes them harder to see

RJAA has the centerline attribute of “Solid yellow”, which do not have the black outline that most US airports have.

From my understanding, solid yellow centerlines are used in 99% asphalt surfaces because the line sits on a dark background so a black outline is not required which should be fairly easy to see (I agree that they are thin but this is the only option we have if the line does not have the black attribute).

However, on concrete, the yellow line now sits on a super light background, which can be hard to see sometimes and thus that’s where yellow black lines come in. The black outline “outlines the center line”.

From what I’ve noticed across different editors, it’s a matter of preference. Not everyone uses the same line attribute in their airport compared to the actual airport. When one editor reworked AUH, IRL it has solid yellow (no black) lines but he chose to use solid black because it could be seen better.

You really couldn’t see the line without zooming in?

2 Likes

I don’t have 20/20

Yeah I guess there isn’t really any other way to clearly see the line other than zooming in, is there?

1 Like

Yep. Exactly.