Taxi Way Bumps

Hello fello aviators!

Today I am requesting a feature that in my opinion would make this simulator even more realistic.

Taxi Way Bumps

Taxi way bumps would make this simulator more realistic. Why? Well, see the reasons below…

• The sound of planes going over bumps from inside the cabin is just amazing, so why not add it!?
  • It would be like wingflex on the ground! Every bump, the wing would bounce up and down
  • It would make taxiing much more fun

Let me know what you guys think of this feature! And make sure to vote if you have any free! Thanks

-Hoover

Yes! Ive always thought that a small feature like this would be pretty cool. We have it currently where if you go like 30-35 knots on the ground, you’ll hear the cabin shake but the wings don’t flex and you can’t hear any bumps. I’ll clear a vote now! :)

26 Likes

Would that make taking off from the taxiway impossible or no? I’m leaning towards no but thought I would ask because that would be amazing.

3 Likes

They have the same bumps on the runway too.
It is just because when pouring concrete and asphalt you need to splice it so it doesn’t crack when it gets hot. They do the same on runways.

4 Likes

Oh okay, then nevermind. You still got my vote.

Edit: Don’t know why but the first thing I thought of was speed bumps. 😂

12 Likes

It would probably encourage grade 1 pilots to taxi slower…which is a great thing 😂😂

5 Likes

Yeah they’ll be bouncing like crazy lol

8 Likes

Grade one pilot taxis at 50 knots
Hits bump
Is launched into space

17 Likes

I wouldn’t say that… they would probably bounce and crash tho

3 Likes

I want them to be launched into space…they’ll learn a lesson about taxing waaaaay to fast. JK

7 Likes

MaxSez: Taxiways on well maintained and modern aerodrome don’t have bumps in Taxiways or Runways they have “Seams”. Some construction Engineer out there please splaine the purpose of an “Expaintion Joint” pour…

4 Likes

Good thought but don’t know how this could be done with the way airports are edited right now…don’t think this is possible to incorporate in the WED as we edit airports…unless it’s somehow added directly into the build of the sim…but seeing the plane bump on a flat surface wouldn’t be very realistic…just thinking out loud…

2 Likes

Max, these seams are put in place so when the apron and runways expand in summer heat there is room to expand and does not buckle and crack. However, when you do taxi over these there is a very noticeable thump that can be heard and felt in the cabin.
And I think that the multiple definitions of bump are being confusing. I think OP means bump as in the ‘jolting collision’ definition rather than the ‘unevenness or protuberance of an object’ that I feel like you think is what he mewns.

3 Likes

When your flying Ryanair I don’t think you would notice a crack in the runway when taxiing or landing. In fact, frequent flyers on Ryanair might find it normal.

3 Likes

When sloped runways come to if this will be possible but not so soon for this

YES!!! I have always wanted this. It is the most AMAZING sound! :)

2 Likes

@Kevin_Potthast. MaxSez: I love it when you get on a roll Kevin, your extremly “Exacting” on tech details. (to be exact, they contract in winter as well). Thank you for the refresher. Regards

2 Likes

This would be nice for video use. I could see it making IF a bit more realistic through sound. You get mah vote.

1 Like

I really like the idea, so much more realistic. And also on the runway (a bit less bumpy though because it’s usually smoother)

2 Likes

I love the idea because I love the noise the plane makes. I look up takeoff vids on YouTube and when they takeoff on the centerline those bumps are amazing.

3 Likes