Taxi via Backtrack

I had a situation where I was scolded by a controller when backtracking for takeoff on runway 10 in TNCM. I had a cleareance to taxi to that runway and I was operating a heavy category aircraft and, in real life, the taxiway that leads from the apron to runway 10 does not support an aircraft of this size. I am grade 4 and I use InfiniteFlight as a simulator. How can I reach that guy to explain to him that is a regular procedure for widebodie planes there?

Uptade: The guys showed me how to sent a DM. Thanks.

3 Likes

“Taxi to” Implies that you aren’t gonna be on the runway. You should’ve requested departure first. Btw, I was the CL35.

4 Likes

We’re you told to back taxi or just taxi? Also, you should contact the controller privately instead of on the forum publicly

1 Like

I had the clearence to taxi and I was backtracking to runway 10. Widebodies dont fit in that small taxiway. The video shows this. And unfortunately, its impossible to contact that guy privately. I didn’t find the way on the app. However he can advertise me in public right?
Here is the link to the videos in Saint Marteen showing that procedures for heavy planes

3 Likes

Hello,

I would recommend you sending a DM to the controller as he is the one who knows what really happened.

Also when controllers give a clearance to taxi to a specific runaway does not mean you can enter the runaway

3 Likes

Bit I had the clearence. Nice to keep in touch with you. You landed just before. I was waiting for ya before my taxi.
Lets fly together someday

1 Like

In a situation when a controller didn’t know that a heavy can’t fit on the taxiway than the best thing to do is just leave and send a private message to the controller.

3 Likes

But how? I didn’t find the waynto reach that guy. Thats why I came here to discuss. Just to clarify, not to fight lol

1 Like

Press the search bar at the top right, instead of topics/posts, make it say users, and search rpedro and their account is there

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Dude. Wilco!

1 Like

For departure or for taxi?

1 Like

I think the issue here is that although you did get clearence to taxi, you weren’t given clearence to enter the runway. Since theres no request to back taxi, I usually just ask for takeoff clearence, and then if they clear you for takeoff request runway crossing

7 Likes

Maybe. I reach the controller now. Much better to explain straight to him. Thanks for help capt

1 Like

Yes. Taxi to Runway XX does not give permission to enter/cross/back taxi any runway. Pilots should hold short at the hold short line.

7 Likes

For taxi. I made it because, when I’m flying in real life is very usual get the clearence to reach the threshold by backtrack, align and maintain. And Then, get the takeoff clearence.

1 Like

It only there was a back-taxi request…

Got it. In real life can happen. We can get the clearence to taxi via backtrack, line and wait and then get the takeoff clearence.

Yes. Sometimes controllers give Line up and wait. This means also you can back-taxi and line up.

But usually the Back Taxi command is given when a pilot lands and needs to “Back Taxi” the Runway.

5 Likes

A takeoff clearance let’s the pilot to back taxi if needed. No need to request crossing afterwards

7 Likes

And if the controller clears you for immediate takeoff… “unable”?

1 Like