Taxi Sequencing

I think it would be a good idea to sequence taxiing aircraft to runways, because…

It happens on expert all the time especially when the airport is crowded. For a server which enforces rules by ghosting, this is unacceptable in my opinion.

This is how the scenario will look like:

Aircraft A requests pushback while Aircraft B is already taxiing to departure runway. Aircraft C meanwhile is at the hold short line at the depature runway which is also in front of Aircraft B. ATC shall sequence Aircraft A to follow Aircraft B so as to prevent Aircraft A from jumping the departure queue.

If Aircraft A doesn’t listen to ATC, he shall be ghosted.

We have a command for this…
“Give way to the aircraft ahead/exiting runway/to your left/right etc”

2 Likes

Not when two aircraft are on different parallel taxi routes heading to the same runway. There’s no need to issue that command, this idea would then be implemented to inform the aircraft of their sequence and that they should never be in front of another aircraft even if they’re on a different taxiway. If the aircraft behind tries to be funny and taxi faster than the aircraft ahead of his sequence on a different taxiway, he’ll be ghosted.

2 Likes

I like this idea, even though it may not be used IRL it could be very useful in IF. I’m guilty of doing it once upon a time, all the way back in 2018. I’m a more mature pilot now 😏

1 Like

And what’s the point of that?
Why would we need to unnecessarily hold someone back if there’s no conflict?

1 Like

Definitely not, this idea is for pilots who don’t practice courteous taxiing. Although there’s no rule-breaking and I doubt this would be in IF, it’s irksome to see pilots who don’t give way to other pilots who are already taxiing ahead of them.

2 Likes

I know, I still like the idea even though there could be potential conflicts and I voted for it

2 Likes

This my friend is what would make IFATC’s rip the hair out of their head…

What they have to deal with already in busy environments is good enough

My opinion and I’m sticking to it. Sorry

4 Likes

I bet you’re one of them who cut in line. I’ve seen people applying full throttle on the taxiway immediately after getting taxi clearance just to accelerate quickly so as to overtake aircraft, that isn’t cool and that isn’t how it’s done on expert.

1 Like

I pride myself on behaving like a very professional pilot so, no I don’t do that :)

2 Likes

It’s not good enough if pilots don’t do it in a realistic way, I don’t see a point in playing on expert if people are taxiing at the wrong speeds.

Might as well utilise casual or training to get things right before overcrowding expert.

I’m not IFATC so I don’t know what are they stressed about, pilots breaking rules? If expert needs IFATC to make sure people follow rules, why are these people even let on expert in the first place?

1 Like

You’re the one implying that expert needs ATC so pilots follow the rules, ATC (in infinite flight and IRL) exists to organize and expedite the flow of traffic, which can get pretty stressful when your controlling an airport like LAX. And if people are taxiing at the wrong speeds (>35kts) they’ll get a warning/violation…
I understand your point of view on this but I don’t agree.

1 Like

They won’t if they keep it at 34kts, there’re many who do that on expert, they’re not breaking rules but it’s unrealistic. Imagine an A380 taxi at 34kts like what’s the rush? An A320 taxiing at 34kts is more believable.

There’re many ways to avoid getting vios. Technically that isn’t rule-breaking but if I’m IFATC I would prefer them to be on casual or training and leave expert for realistic flyers.

1 Like

If you were IFATC and you see an a380 taxiing at 34
kts while adhering to all the rules you can throw a fit but there’s nothing you’d be able to do about it and and that’s final. If you ghost them just because of that I’m pretty sure that’s the end of your IFATC career. Sorry if I’m sounding harsh/condescending.
Jonathan out ✌️

1 Like

Is 35 knots a speed limit taken from real life aviation rules?

Correct me if I’m wrong but 35 knots is not a real life speed limit set for the taxiway? There isn’t a set speed limit but there are guidelines for specific aircraft at specific airports to be followed in reality? I’ve just got this from google don’t know how valid it is

If this is the case I think you are both (@anon91707592 @airjonathan1) better off requesting the game to alter the taxi speed limits to reflect this instead of it just being set at 35 knots if you both think taxiing at 34 knots is unrealistic and shouldn’t be a thing… which I think you are!

1 Like

It think this would be good. The other day, I was holding short of a runway (far behind the hold short line because someone was in front of me), ATC cleared him for takeoff and instructed me to line up and wait, and as he moved it left just enough space for another guy racing definitely faster than 35 knots cut me off, and make a sharp turn to hold short of the runway in front of me and he requested takeoff. I was moving slow so I was able to brake in time to avoid my planes nose from hitting the guys wing. I would vote but I’m all out of votes.

1 Like

Go onto expert and listen to how busy tower and ground are, then appreciate that’s the same person. Part of the reason you have to wait for clearance on ground is the controller is busy doing tower. They don’t have time to try and find out who you need to follow.

1 Like

I really don’t find it useful,IFATC have a lot to do on tower ,more than grdn.And this will not be helpful .Also,it will require a separate ground controller and separate tower controller means two controllers for twr_grnd which doesn’t makes sense at all ;). Sorry,but that’s my opinion :)

1 Like