Taxi Help

Hi, I just started using Live and need some help with taxiing. When I taxi, I often crash into the grass or over turn. Any tips to overcome that?

1 Like

Taxi at 10% for any aircraft with 4 engines and 20% for twin engined aircraft, I always use the brakes to control the speed otherwise I will turn to wide so just try using your brakes so you slow but keep enough speed to turn

When you want to turn, your speed should be 10 GS

1 Like

Should this be moved to tutorials?

No it should not. Let the regulars handle where it goes.

1 Like

@SirPilotOfAviation… MaxSez: Yr goin to fast! Throttle up till you get that hunk of junk Movin then throttle back maintain 15/20. MPH ground speed by brake & throttle manipulation. Approach the threshold stop line rolling, retard throttle/brake manipulation. Try it as above refine it as you gain confidence. Good luck.

(Taxi is not a race to the threshold stop line. Let the arse bags do there thing.
Taxiway courtesy is contagious)

7 Likes

In a nutshell: Slow down

:)

1 Like

Make turns at no more than 10kts and de-couple the ailerons and the rudder in the settings, under the Auto Coordination tab. Using rudders to turn gives more control over the aircraft and is realistic.

1 Like

‼️[FIRST THING TO KNOW: WHEN YOU ARE TAXIING YOU MUST USE THE RUDE]‼️

When you are taxiing you must give power max 40% N1, not POWER, you can see N1 on the POWER, it’s green, then when you are turning at 90° you should be at about 10kts and when you apre turning more than 90° you should be at about 15kts, also I give you some tips about lights when you apre taxiing:
• When you are pushbacking: NAV Lights --> ON
BEACON Lights --> ON
LANDING Lights --> OFF
STROBE Lights --> OFF
• When you are taxiing: NAV Lights --> ON
BEACON Lights --> ON
LANDING Lights --> ON
STROBE Lights --> OFF

I hope this message like you! ;)
Bye

Not many people know this but if you use the rudder slider and slide it DOWN, it actually acts as a brake. You will be using the rudder slider for steering during taxiing anyway so just slide it down for braking and left/right for turning. Much easier than pressing that brake button again and again 😁

1 Like

Stay under 30kts :) also apply brakes when you turn

take turns maximum 15 kts ground speed, use brakes to slow down, and turn with rudder not airleons

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.