TAROM McDonnell Douglas DC-10

Photo credits via.

A recognizable, classic, and elegant livery, for sure, which suits the DC-10 perfectly! TAROM has leased for 6 months (between the 15th of May and 31st of October 1995) one DC-10 from Ex- Belgium carrier Challengair, following the tragic event of TAROM Flight 371, which ended with the crash of an Airbus A310 near the town of Balotești, Ilfov. This DC-10 used to fly to airports like New York JFK, Bangkok Don Mueang, Beijing PEK, Chicago O’Hare and Montréal–Trudeau YUL, but it was also deployed on smaller european routes, like to Zurich, Paris CDG, Prague, and Manchester!
More about TAROM Flight 371.

More about TAROM

TAROM, (legally Compania Națională de Transporturi Aeriene Române TAROM S.A. ), is the flag carrier and oldest currently operating operating airline of Romania, based in Otopeni near Bucharest. Its headquarters and its main hub are at Henri Coandă International Airport. It is currently the first and largest airline operating in Romania based on international destinations, international flights and the third-largest measured by fleet size and passengers carried.

A bit about the DC-10

The McDonnell Douglas DC-10 is an American tri-jet wide-body airliner manufactured by McDonnell Douglas. The DC-10 was intended to succeed the DC-8 for long-range flights. It first flew on August 29, 1970; it was introduced on August 5, 1971, by American Airlines.

The trijet has two turbofans on underwing pylons and a third one at the base of the vertical stabilizer. The twin aisle layout has a typical seating for 270 in two classes. The initial DC-10-10 had a 3,500 nmi (6,500 km) range for transcontinental flights. The DC-10-15 had more powerful engines for hot and high airports. The DC-10-30 and -40 models with a third main landing gear leg to support higher weights each had intercontinental ranges of up to 5,200 nmi (9,600 km). The KC-10 Extender (based
on the DC-10-30) is a U.S. Air Force tanker.

Thank you! Be sure to like,comment and vote if you like this! :D

Another TAROM topics:
TAROM B737-800
TAROM B737-700
TAROM B737-700 ‘SkyTeam’ Livery
TAROM B737-700 Retro Livery

supporting this, but i do have no votes unfortunately.

2 Likes

Thank you! Highly appreciate this! :D

I don’t really like the TAROM’s livery on the DC-10, it’s bland for me

1 Like

It was leased, so there was no mean to paint it in full livery.

1 Like

And also

So yeah, I don’t know what you tried to say :)