Taking the Queen from Sydney to Haneda

Yesterday morning I flew from Sydney to Tokyo Haneda as Haneda was one of the featured airports. It was an overnight flight (For me at least being from the US East Coast). I took off just around noon in Sydney and landed a little after 8 PM in Tokyo. I’ve actually only ever flown the 747 four times so I decided to use it because Qantas has one of the best liveries on it (and it’s used on this route IRL). My flight time was 8 hours and 46 minutes. And on another note, PLEASE sign up and attend @Panther [Donation] [$78.10 raised] Australia on fire @ YSSY- 122000ZJAN20 event to raise money to fight the wildfires of Australia

FLIGHT DETAILS

YSSY-RJTT / Sydney to Tokyo Haneda
Qantas 25 Heavy
Boeing 747-400
8 hours 46 minutes

The queen putting her gear up as we climb out of Sydney The green hills of Merriwa, New South Wales The vivid brown and red deserts over the province of Queensland About to cross the northeast coast of Australia flying past the coastal city of Koumala The right wing view shows the mountains and coast of Papúa New Guinea as we prepare for hours over the Pacific The sun starts to set as were over the blue water of the Pacific Ocean The moon is vivid as we fly directly over the US territory of Guam Descending into Tokyo with Mt Fuji visible far away Showing the power of the 747s four engines as were forced to go around because of this Japan Air 737 vacating the runway After we Take it ‘Round the Patch One More Time
the wheels smoke the runway in Japan

As always please let me know your favorite photo and your thoughts on the photos!

27 Likes

Brilliant screenshots as always!

How long did the flight take you?

2 Likes

Thanks! 8 Hours and 46 minutes

2 Likes

Sounds like a good Saturday flight (‘cuz there’s no school so you can do long hauls :)

2 Likes

Hope they don’t take away the 747 from that route

2 Likes

Photos are 😍😍

1 Like

Sadly they will have to at some point (obviously), but hopefully it will take a while

1 Like

Thank you! @MJP_27

1 Like

Those are absolutely amazing! Keep that up bro!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I have two more posts lined up for the next few days so there definitely will be more 😉