Taking the Dreamliner from the Mountains of Beijing to the Hills of Quebec

Beijing to Montreal

So back in March I was looking for a 12ish hour fight but I didn’t want to fly anything g generic like Tokyo to New York, or New York to Dubai, so I found something just a little slightly less generic, Beijing to Montreal. 2 major cities, but I was a little surprised to see that Air China flies this route. Air China isn’t currently flying this route, and hopefully I don’t have to explain why, but they use the 787-9 in real life. I used it too and flight time was 11 hours and 50 minutes

Flight Details

ZBAA-CYUL • PEK-YUL
Beijing to Montreal
Air China 643 Heavy
Boeing 787-9
11:50

🇨🇳 • 🇨🇦

Rotating off the runway in Beijing on a cool March morning
The Mountains around Beijing as we climb to our initial altitude of 33,000 feet The deserts of Mongolia north of China Entering Russian airspace as we cruise at M.85 The mountains of the Kalarskiy region of Siberia in Russia Entering the airspace of Santa Claus as we fly high above the many islands surrounding the North Pole We got close to sunset over North Canada, but it stayed bright, as the sun never sets in the Spring and Summer Descending the light the lakes and plains into Quebec and Montreal On final approach, Air China 643 Heavy is cleared to land Touching down in Quebec’s largest city!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

What is the official language of Montreal?

• Canadian
  • English
  • French

0 voters

The answer to the last Question was Country Roads, by John Denver which 28% got correct!

27 Likes

Live the shots! I especially like the second one! That should really be a preset view!

3 Likes

Interesting route! I love your photos!! 😍👌

2 Likes

Never liked that specific Air China livery but nice shots.

3 Likes

very clean photos! i like that!
🇨🇦

2 Likes

Nice shots as always. Did you know that Air China operates a fifth freedom flight from Montreal to Havana? Seems like a pretty cool route for a foreign airline

2 Likes

Nice shots! I especially love when you finish it off with a nice, perfect, centerline landi-
oh wait

2 Likes

Beautiful! It’s a shame we don’t have this livery on the A350, but I’m hoping it gets added to the 77W

1 Like

These pictures are awesome!!! My favorites are the first, the seventh, and the last :). Great job, keep it up :)

1 Like

@anon9524891 thanks! I love that angle so it would be a cool addition
@DanyyRude @Ondolo thanks guys!

@ILOVE7879-2.0 thanks a lot :D

@Lucas_Piedra I almost flew that leg too! Occasionally that flight flies right ove my house

@Suhas 😡 😞

@snoman thanks! I don’t use the Air China livery a lot but that would be a cool addition when they rework the 77W

@CaptainLeo1 thanks! I’m happy you like a lot of them :D

5 Likes

They’re nice, but something notices me…
You use the same angle almost every screenshot topic🧐

I suggest trying out new angles, it never hurts to try something new. If it doesn’t work then you won’t do that angle again :)
But that’s just me

1 Like

Yes just yes.
I speak Canadian. It’s a very hard language tho.

jk

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much for flying into my home airport! Find a flight to Slovakia now 😏.

1 Like

Wow!! Beautiful pictures. The color and scenery is just amazing. Love the gear tilt. The moonshot is nice too.

1 Like

@KindaTartySliceOfPie reallly ???That’s amazing, difficult language for sure 😉

@Philippe_Gilbert I know, I should look harder lol

@Mr-plane-guy1 thanks! I can’t imagine how great the 787 would be with Gear tilt in IF, so I don’t have to use a replay “glitch to get it” 😂

3 Likes

You are 100% right and I just thought about that when I took these phots, tomorrow (today when you see this) I’ll post San Francisco to Zürich and I’ll try a lot of different angles. Thanks for the feedback :D

1 Like

😍Love the pics, haven’t seen pics of this livery in awhile, great post!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Armani! Definitely an underused livery in my opinion

1 Like