Taking off without permission.

This user took off without permission and also cut the line of aircraft waiting to takeoff this was on the ATC playground server. His in formation is in the first screen shot. I reported him but I’m not sure what that will do. So please remember to follow ATC instructions and be mindful of other users. Thanks.

4 Likes

Welcome to the playground:)

4 Likes

Yeah it unfortunate that people do this.

2 Likes

Frustrating isn’t it? Especially if you’re trying to learn how best to run ATC. A certain regular user on this forum was acting up earlier when I was controlling at East Midlands and refused to land at the runway I’d instructed him to use.

2 Likes

Was the runway closed?

Maybe he had reason to. If I were you I would PM him and see if you did something wrong:)

Both 09 and 27 were ‘green’ but I was using 09 for takeoff and landing, he was told to make right downwind and flat ignored me. I had three or four other planes heading in that direction and there was no need for him to use 27 other than sheer obstinacy. I might PM him, to be honest it’s easier to chunter on here about it instead :-)

2 Likes

It would serve you more good to PM him, as chuntering on here serves no purpose

1 Like

Said user is known to be a bit of an arrogant sod. Not sure I’ve got the energy to get into a protracted discussion with him.

Hmmm… Yes I know a few of those around here and I have gotten into arguments with them also. If you approach them by asking if you did something wrong, I’m sure they will not be angry.

Look at his amount of violations…
The only thing to do is to report these users.
And you? Why do you take off without setting flaps and trim? :P

@Leodhasach San Diego’s preferred runway is 27.

3 Likes

At East Midlands 09 is the usual preferred runway, especially when you have several already lined up to land there…

Yep, I know that from camping at Download and having jets go over my head while I was trying to get some sleep!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

We get these type of posts constantly, i’m afraid there’s nothing anyone can do really. At the end of the day it’s down to the pilot to behave and for the controller to compose himself. The playground is full of young individuals with no intentions of maintaining realism. It’s there for pilots and controllers to practice.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

need to post people how to use the report button and how atc can too, then the flying experience would be fun

2 Likes

Many have tried to publicize the report button. There are many nimrods but there are a lot more people who take it seriously. It’s not as bad as many make it out to be:)

1 Like

Off topic I know, but what does the 6 degrees mean next to the airspeed on the aircraft information mean? I’ve always wondered this

So what’s your solution to the problem?