Takeoff thrust B777

Hello ifc, I would like to know if the Boeing 777-200 and 300 is still taking off with the Toga thrust.
Because with Airbus you can take off with the trust flex but after watching takeoff videos of the Boeing 777 in the cockpit, the pilots always put the Toga thrust on takeoff and the plane went in the air normally but in infinite flight plane takes off too quickly and reaches a speed higher than 200km / h after a few seconds preceding the rotation.

sorry if the pilots speak in french which is my language which i mainly speak.
3 Likes

The 777 is being reworked so it may be taken into consideration. I’m sure they’re using 100%N1 and not firewalling it.

Boeing aircraft still do reduced thrust takeoffs just like Airbus. Both are calculated through the Flight Computer prior to take off. For a Boeing and Airbus aircraft full take off thrust is only used in instances of high performance take offs such as high altitude airports, high heat airports, shorter runways, or high weight take offs

3 Likes

Hi mate, keep in mind TOGA stands for Take off & Go around, which are both automatically calculated thrust values

To answer your IF part of the question, some people accelerate too quickly.

3 Likes

Ok, so this is the first time i’ve heard of toga thrust, what exactly is it?

Take-off/Go Around (TO/GA) is an autopilot/autothrottle setting activating take-off or go-around thrust. Depending upon aircraft type, it may be activated by depressing a switch or by manually moving the thrust levers to the appropriate position.” - skybrary

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Take-off_/Go-around(TO/GA)_Mode

TOGA is not a set amount of thrust. In some cases it could be 85% N1, and in other cases it could be 100% N1.

So basically here is how it’s done on the 777 (as well as many other Boeing planes). There’s a TO/GA button on the throttle levers. If you look at the SOP (different variants’ procedure are different), the takeoff procedure include to push the throttle to a certain level, lit it stable and press the TO/GA button. As part of the pre-flight FMC preparation, the pilot will enter the takeoff data (thrust reduction, flaps configuration, wind, runway conditions etc) in the FMC and it will set the V-speeds. After pressing the TO/GA button, the throttle levers will automatically move forward and reach the preset takeoff thrust. The TO/GA button can also use for go around procedure when approaching, which will automatically activate go around power. Here is a picture of the TO/GA button on the 777

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.