Takeoff Roll

Hello IFC! I don’t think there’s already a topic about this, but if there is, please tell me, and I’ll flag this one.

Whenever I takeoff in IF (I usually use about 85% throttle, Flaps 10-20 depending on the weight, and trim about 20%) I notice that my takeoff roll is way shorter than the same aircraft IRL. Why is this. I’ve noticed this in landings also, I come to a stop much quicker. The problem is mostly with takeoffs though, I don’t understand why I hit V1 so quickly.

2 Likes

The brakes are pretty strong and the reverse thrust in IF is really difficult to get to Idle Reverse, which is used IRL most of the time.

I must admit that I never had this issue, but it will be interesting to hear what others say!

1 Like

This may be caused by the weight of the plane.

1 Like

85% throttle or 85% N1?

1 Like

Throttle.

2 Likes

85% is a bit too much. It would give around 92-94% engine power (N1) which is above the usual. Try around 75% throttle which gives you a better N1.

I do agree some aircraft are a bit too quick, but new reworked aircraft (eg. 772ER) have better physics and are more accurate.

3 Likes

92-96% N1 is the usual for most aircraft…

3 Likes

I actually use 85-92% N1 for most… 🤷‍♂️

2 Likes

I am pretty sure 92-94 percent N1 would be TOGA. ~85 N1 is used more often.

1 Like

Honestly depends, a light 737 uses 87-91% N1, but medium to heavy 737s use 92-95%.

2 Likes

I’ll sometimes (rarely) use up to 96-100% if I’m doing a long haul and my aircraft is heavy

1 Like

TOGA is full thrust (at least on the Airbus), so this isn’t correct I fear.

2 Likes

Ye sorry guys

2 Likes

Depends on the A/C and weight, could you give some more info about both of those?

1 Like

85% throttle

Yes, I notice this with mostly all aircraft, and basically any weight, even heavy. I’ve watched many takeoffs IRL, and the takeoff roll is like a good 3-5 seconds longer

Thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like