Takeoff questions

Hi IF aviators, if you really want to help me please be pretty specific, I’m having huge headaches and spending lots of times in my phone searching one simple question “how to takeoff” and nothing can give me an accurate answer.

Please help me with trust at takeoff, flaps and to takeoff from more than half of the runway
Please be specific and don’t say -It depends or it depends of weight please, I don’t want to be exaggerated but this has made me cried

1 Like

I always takeoff at around 150kn

2 Likes

These things really depend on the weight and type of plane. If you could provide us with examples and some weights we would be able to further assist you

3 Likes

It’s fine. We all have to start somewhere don’t we?

This tutorial has helped me as well as many others. You should definitely watch it.

3 Likes

Hi JUAN¡!
At some point that was also a beginner and I watched a lot of videos on YouTube from Infinity Flight I suggest you take a few hours to check them all out and then you going to have a better idea of how to take off and do some great Landings…

1 Like

This goes both ways. 🙂

Be specific with an aircraft, a weight you’d like numbers for, etc. The best way to get more focused responses is to start with a more focused topic. Good luck!

8 Likes

Okey, but I always use IF-Assistant with autofill feature

Lets say a 737-800 at 131,000lbs

I’ve seen that video several times and idk why dude he used 85% throttle, then you can understand what’s my trouble

I did it, but I’ve seen several videos of Boring pilots and Airbus pilots taking off before the half of the runway and i don’t want my takeoffs to be that way :(

1 Like

Hi @Tyler_Shelton I can’t believe you responded you’re my idol, i want to be specific by saying a 738 with 131k lbs weight

There are some resources online. I found one but it is in Metric Tonnes (I am from US). Your take off speed on a 131,000 lbs 738 should be around 150-155 knots. I suggest using flaps at 5 for most take offs but if things get really heavy you should use more flaps.(10-15(I wouldn’t suggest more than that) in addition to this, you can put your trim up to +10 or 15(it might be negative sorry if I’m wrong). The calculator I used was mostly for the v1 speed. But if you need to I would suggest using a flight plan calculator for the amount of fuel and other important info you might need. I have both links on hand though I am on my phone and u til I post this I chat open a new tab to copy them. So I don’t waste my time copying a link and you to not use it, would you like the link to the calculator I used?
Hope this helped, Adam
P.S. - Sorry if I was annoying before I just needed some details and was trying to help. Please do not take any offense or whatnot from that post

2 Likes

Wow, thank you, for flight plans I use simbrief, but I’ll love to know about your v-speed calculator, and also, I’ll like to ask you a question as I see you’re a pro, is it okay to takeoff from less than half of the runway?

Yes, it is ok to take off with more than half of a runway remaining. Think about ultralights flying out of big airports. If they had to use half of the runway they would be doing 220 knots at wheels up
Also, thanks for the complement, but I am waaaaaaaay short of a pro.

1 Like

Also here is the website
http://www.b737.org.uk/vspeedcalc2.htm

1 Like

Oh, yeah ultralights could not use half of the runway, if yes they’ll be too quick, and also you’re welcome, but I’m still thinking you’re a pro 😆

Oh okay, thanks 🙏

Lol thanks. If you want to learn some other basic stuff you could dm/pm me and we could do some flights on the training server(for atc)

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

Note - I will take no offense if you say you don’t want to. I understand if you don’t want to dm a random person you found online or if your not in the mood. No biggie

1 Like