Takeoff/Landing rates

What would your ideal takeoff and landing vertical speeds (e.g. 1000 ft/min) in terms of making realistic takeoffs and landings, when there are no obstructions like mountains? Im talking about medium-sized commercial jet planes, such as Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier

1 Like

I usually climb between 1500 and 2500fpm depending on load then go up to 9000fpm in the a340-600

4 Likes

Hey and welcome to the community,

To get a precise response for your question, I’d recommend you check each aircraft’s Quick Reference Quide, they are immensely useful and they give you all the information that you need to fly the plane properly. This QRG comes in addition to the numerous Tutorials that you can find on Infinite Flight’s YouTube channel. Here is the QRG for the A220-300

Hope you find this useful!

Mathurin

To give a rough idea, every aircraft has a particular tail stroke angle at particular flap setting but for an easy understanding i would say that you use a good performance calculator to calculate your V speeds and start rotation gradually and smoothly upto 15° and then to 10° to accelerate and remember one thing. 10% N1 is not always required. For a light aircraft even 85% N1 or so would work but it will differ for different aircrafts. For climb you can just use autopilot. It’ll set the power to match the speed set
For landings , I’d say never be nervous. Keep calm and do not try to butter always try to land PROPERLY within the touchdown zone and initiate the flare as per the winds (generally 30ft AGL) you’d have to flare a bit early in heavy and big aircrafts
You can watch some YouTube tutorials to learn more about flare

3 Likes

Wouldn’t talk about my takeoff vs(~3000fpm)
But for landing vs I try to stay in range: -100fpm<= landing vs<-240fpm(<= means more than or equal to)
Sometimes my landing vs is <-100fpm or >-240fpm

1 Like

It really depends on your aircraft load. I usually see aircraft reach 10,000ft in about 4 minutes, so that is ~1900-2300v/s.

For arrival v/s, most v/s speeds tend to be around -500v/s → -900v/s.

But as mentioned before, it really does depend on your aircraft load, if you are really heavy you should have a lower v/s to decrease the chance of a stall.

thats pretty hard ngl lol

1 Like

That is descending, my ideal touchdown speed is usually -175v/s to -60v/s.

Nice
I guess I inferred wrongly by that sentence, I apologise

Hey!!!I will recommend this site which is very cool and you can do a quick research of your aircraft and based on the real data, you managed to fly as close to reality.😉😉

I put the 737 as an example, but you can see it from other aircraft.

The rate is a weird question in some ways, because, you pitch your plane to maintain a speed.
For all Airbus (takeoff), using CONF 2 for the every day life takeoff is a way to train to the go around and the training pattern. Ok we should start with training pattern, but in a game we are free to skip it!

N1 50% and FLEX. 100 KTS, V1 and rotate. Rise up at 15° (A320) and follow FD. A/P on (or not). 1500 ft AGL THROTTLE reduction. 3000 ft AGL CONF 1, the plane starts acceleration and the climb phase. At -S speed FLAPS UP.
The thrust should be fixed, and the speed of the plane should be maintained by pitching the plane. Acceleration = lower pitch, stable = higher pitch, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.