Takeoff/Landing on Wrong Runway

As I am currently flying around in the Expert server on the New York region, I found 2 separate, Grade 5 aircraft either landing or departing on a runway that had a tailwind of 25kts+. I will just say this, as a Grade 5 shouldn’t you be setting a positive example, especially on the expert server?

4 Likes

But when it’s inactive, and their not affecting others, it’s just, I feel.

1 Like

Grade 5 users should be setting a positive example, but since it’s all computer generated ranking, there is no way to stop people that meet the requirements yet are not mature enough for it. Please tell me you have clothes on this time…

8 Likes

Ok. But when theres 3 aircraft on final, and 2 others lined up on the taxiway at the correct runway, this just goes to show otherwise.

2 Likes

I do. lmao 😂

2 Likes

So who were the Grade 5’s and the others? In terms of their location?

JFK is interesting in that only some runways are available to land at. So it really depends on what RWYs they were landing on.

I don’t want to make this a big drawn out rant. Just something that I wanted to bring to the community’s attention. All I will say is that this occurred at KSWF shortly after tower closed. The point that I wanted to hit was that if you are a Grade 5 or even Grade 4, please try to act more mature, and act as an example that the lower grades can look up to.

1 Like

Thank you. I respect that and agree with you, totally but like others said, the grading system is auto-generated, nothing we as a community could do.

1 Like

Maybe the runways changed on final or just challenging themselves

2 Likes

Or challenging others to work around them. Who knows.

1 Like

I saw something similar this morning at KSAN on expert. Grade 5 landed on RWY 09 with a nice tail wind, then taxied through the grass. Too bad pilots don’t pass knowledge tests and practicals to reach grade 4 and 5 the way ATC has to in order to control on expert.

4 Likes

I agree especially any one who is on the fourums should be proficient with ATC and runways regardless of grade.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.