Takeoff Crosswind Force

I think the problem is that it is so sudden that it is to late too correct with rudder

1 Like

Then decrease your throttle speed for takeoff, this will allow more time to get ready to move your rudder.
Happy Flying
Cign

Rudder must be applied before rotation. The difficulty is to anticipate correctly the amount of rudder that will be required.

2 Likes

For rudder use; always use the rudder in the direction where the arrow points to… The interpretation of this is the wind will hit the rudder let’s say from the left; that would deviate the nose to the left thus right rudder would be the correcting tool to overcome it… However; I believe in IF that most of aircrafts are reacting aggressively to winds even with minimum wind speeds…

1 Like

You can also go into your settings and disable auto coordination. That may help some.

1 Like

Also when taking off it helps if you turn your rudder the same direction the wind is going slightly, always keep me straight

@Casp959er73: It’s difficult to tell from that replay, but are you locking your heading during take-off with A/P?

It kinda looks like that sort of a problem to me. If you lock your heading for take-off after you line up on the runway, the locked heading can be a little off. In the video, it looks to me like A/P is trying to correct you (to 70 or 71 degrees while your take-off roll is at 73…?) just a couple degrees off and you’re trying to use rudder to correct it. You said 0 wind and that you calibrate before take-off, so rudder use shouldn’t be the issue. Couldn’t see wind in that video, to be honest. :)

I don’t use the locked heading during takeoff

Yeah this happend to me sometimes but like you said I use the rudders then to stabilize the airplane

Definatevely.

Oh, and welcome to the community @BosnianAviation!

I’m from the balkans as well!

1 Like

I tend to find that it happens every flight, but using the rudder quickly stablises you again, I think it is quite normal.

That happens to me but to the right

I think everyone gets it, but some use rudder. Some dont.
And welcome to the infinite flight Community

1 Like

Try to look the videos I made from inside the cockpit and outside. Look at the rudder slider and the rudder itself, maybe this helps more then words…

Again: Take off power should be just as much as needed, which is in most cases around 80%…

TAKE OFF RWY 01 SKRG Wind 123/29

Landing,same crosswind, 29 knots, there are 2 ways to land in a crosswind:

1.) You approach the runway with the Aircraft nose pointing into the wind, and the when you start the flare at around 30 feet AGL put your finger on the rudder slider and when the Radio Altimeter calls “10” then you kick the rudder to point the nose into the direction of the centerline:

2.) The other method is much more difficult and here you to use the rudder before way before touchdown, means you turn the nose into the direction of the centerline and then you need to keep the rudder in this position and at the same time lower the wing on the side where the wind is coming from, for example wind is coming from the left, so left wing down and rudder to the right. But this method asks for very precise handling and coordination of the rudder and ailerons, because doing it wrong and the wind will blow you away or you are in great danger of a wingtip strike…but I just wanted to show it also, maybe some of you find it more easy…

Hope I could help you.

Take off

2 Likes

Thank you bro :D

Ahaa i see you from Serbia veliki pozdrav brate :D

1 Like

Nice vids and well explained. Will help many here!

1 Like

thats the exact thing that happens to me

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.