Takeoff Clearance

Hello everyone!
Its nice to see a very vibrant community outside of Live. I’m new here, and you’ll generally see me flying a 752 on PG or saying “please follow instructions” a million times as a controller.

I took my ATC written test and I didn’t pass… I didn’t do terrible but I still need some help on some parts of the test. I’m pretty good at sequencing but I what I had a question about was giving takeoff clearances.

Obviously if I have a C208 on line up and a 747 just took off I should wait a bit for wake turbulence (even though IF does’t account for that ;) ), what is the textbook way of going about this?

*I also have 1 more question that was on the test, am I allowed to post the actual question?
Please let me know.

No. Please don’t post questions from the test.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for your reply.

You can PM someone, I have passed the written so would be happy to help.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

No. They shall never be known to anyone who has not done the test.

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ll apply a “Hold for wake turbulence” option on clearance request.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It would help a lot. The point is, is that the person who is doing the test has to be ready for anything.

2 Likes

No. It’s to make sure the person who is doing the test knows enough.

1 Like

Ask questions to any advanced ATC controllers or recruiters if you need help on aspects of controlling. The test is not to catch you out on something you don’t know, it’s to make sure you know everything. If you feel like you understand all of the procedures and have the knowledge then you should be fine in the test

Lol tell me the answers and lol pass the test to man you young ones nowa days

A schools now … Wow !